Nick Jonas Says He’s to Blame for Jonas Brothers Breakup
“It was a very tough conversation,” he said, “and it left the family kind of shaken up for a little while. I mean we were about to start a tour. We were two days from starting a tour.”
“We’re good now,” he reflected. “I have a beautiful niece. My brother has a family. Joe’s band DNCE is doing very well. It’s good for everybody and it’s good that it happened because I think we all grew from it, but it was very challenging for a little while.”
Nick has since released two solo albums, and is currently in the middle of promoting his second, Last Year Was Complicated, which dropped last Friday (June 10).
In an interview with WKTU’s Cubby & Carolina Bermudez on Tuesday, the 23-year-old opened up about the former The Voice singer Christina Grimmie’s death, and how he’s planning to tighten security at meet and greets.
I was talking to my manager about it the other day. Interestingly enough, in an interview a while ago, he mentioned that he thinks that security needs to be increased at venues. Just something that should be looked at. I think it’s obviously very poignant.
He also opened up about the issue on Monday to Elvis Duran and The Morning Show:
It’s something that needs to be addressed across the board and it’s not just specifically in meet and greets, because obviously the horrible tragedy in Orlando the next day … I think it’s just an issue we need to sort out as a country and get right. With music venues, I think there are some protocols that can be taken to make it safer, not only for the artists but for the fans. We all need live music, we need to be able to feel safe to go to a show and enjoy a concert. We can’t let people win that are out there just to make people’s lives horrible.
Jonas met Grimmie after she introduced him at the iHeartRadio Music Festival last year. He told Duran, “We talked backstage for a while and took a picture and you could tell she’s a beautiful spirit and full of joy and light. [The shooting] shook me up pretty bad.”