Lin-Manuel Miranda Confirms ‘Hamilton’ Exit, Will Film with Original Cast

'Hamilton' Lead the Winners of the 2016 Tony Awards
To no one's surprise, 'Hamilton' walked home with tons of hardware.
Here's How You Can Get 'Hamilton' Tickets
There's now an easier way to get into Broadway's hottest show.

As if there weren’t enough reasons for you to see Hamilton already, Lin-Manuel Miranda just gave us all another one.

The actor, who’s also the mastermind that created the Broadway hit, revealed that he will be leaving the stage show. Confirming speculations on Twitter this Thursday (June 16, 2016), the 36-year-old announced that his last show will be on July 9 with his current alternate, Javier Muñoz, taking his place.

Miranda also assured fans that the original cast will film the production at least twice before his exit.

“WE GOT YOU,” he tweeted. “What are we doing with that footage? No idea. Throwing it in a vault at Gringotts for a bit probly [sic]. But we’re getting it.”

“I’m so thrilled for @JMunozActor. We created the role together. I’m still jealous he got to perform for Jay-Z & Beyonce,” he added.

Miranda also said that he will return — eventually. “I think this is a role I’m going to be going back to again and again. I plan to revisit this role a lot,” he told USA Today. “I don’t know who’s staying and who’s going. I wouldn’t begrudge anyone who moved on and I wouldn’t begrudge anyone who chose to say.”

Last month, Miranda signed on to appear opposite of Emily Blunt in the upcoming Mary Poppins sequel. The musical flick is scheduled to be released Christmas Day 2018.