Tuesday Ten: 10 Fashion Must-Haves for Summer 2016
Now that summer has officially begun, it’s time to rethink your wardrobe for those hotter days to come. With a temperatures rising and a heatwave sweeping through the west coast, the season is practically calling for you to try out some of its hottest styles.
From skimpy tops to statement-making sandals, there are a lot of trends popping up this summer. Not only are these seasonal looks oh-so chic, but they’ll also keep you cool when you’re having fun the sun!
Here 10 fashion must-haves you should totally rock during the warmer months!
1. Morning Lavender Jordan Striped Crop Top, $44.99. Spring’s bare shoulder trend continues to dominate well into the summer months because, well, who wants tan lines anyway? If you’re feeling confident, show off a bit more skin with an off-the-soulder crop top.
2. House of CB Luca Bodysuit, $73. Whether you’re swimming or shopping, a one-piece is the most sought-after staple this season. Keep thing tight and right in a sexy, figure-hugging bodysuit. Chrissy Teigen has been seen wearing this exact same one after giving birth to her daughter.
3. Lucky Brand Dorian Slides, $68.95. Swap out your plastic flip-flops for a pair of chic-yet-practical slip-ons. Ready for brunch or the beach, these babies we found on Shoes.com can be worn just about anywhere.
4. Distressed Denim Shorts, $39.99. You can’t go wrong with a pair of cut-offs! Channel your inner Daisy Duke by rocking a pair of jean short-shorts — like this pair from T.J.Maxx.
5. JustFab Ewan Bag, $39.95. Mansur Gavriel’s minimalist bucket bag is so coveted that the designer purse now has a waiting list filled with fashionistas from around the world. For those who want the It-bag without the wait or the hefty price tag, we recommend getting your hands on this budget-friendly one instead.
6. ShoeDazzle Dunia Sandals, $39.95. As spotted 2016 Met Gala red carpet, the gladiator look is so hot right now. Step up your sandal game and opt for tall lace-up shoes. The style has also been seen on Alberta Ferretti, Valentino, and Derek Lam runways, so clearly, this is one thing that’s not going away anytime soon.
7. Topshop Eyelash Lace Bralette, $40. Designers like Balenciaga and Alexander McQueen have already started creating looks inspired by barely-there lingerie this spring. Embrace the trend and try on a little skimpy bra that can be doubled as a top. “I’m pretty much obsessed with lace bralettes. They add a feminine touch to tough rocker tees, and look so cool underneath a sheer top too,” Kendall Jenner writes on her blog. “Just plain sexy!”
8. Erin Dana Bowtie Choker, $75. With ’90s fashion making a comeback, chokers have been the go-to accessory for Hollywood darlings like Shay Mitchell and Gigi Hadid. This one python one has been worn by the likes of Taylor Swift and model Hailey Clauson. Best of all? You can customize this one to have your initials — or whatever you want to say — on the collar.
9. Christy Dawn The Autumn Dress, $220. Don’t let the name fool you, this piece can be worn during the hotter months too! A wrap dress is super flattering and takes little to no effort to put on. Basically, it’s the perfect getup to pack for your next summer vacation!
10. Perverse Kayla Ray Sunglasses, $45. It’s no secret that summer and sunnies go hand-in-hand. Turn heads wherever you go with a pair of bright and bold shades this season. Kylie Jenner and Suki Waterhouse wore this same pair while dancing the day away at Coachella.
Still looking for summer style that suits you? Shop more looks — all for under $50 — below!