Tuesday Ten: 10 Things You Need to Pack in Your Beach Bag
Take the stress out of summer and by packing these shore-ready must-haves for your next seaside adventure!
There’s nothing more relaxing than spending a day by the water, so having a a beach bag filled with outdoor necessities is a great way to ensure a stress-free day. Whether you plan on hitting the waves or just lounging out in the sun, it’s key to stock up on sun protection — and maybe a few other fun items — along the way.
Here are our 10 favorite beach essentials (besides your bikini, of course)!
1. Oren Isaac Herve Sunglasses, $117. Summer and sunnies go hand-in-hand! Pack a pair of shades made with UV protective lens to keep your eyes from harmful sun damage.
2. Summer & Rose Towel, $36. A good towel is a must-have for the beach. This one is not only super soft, but it’s also moisture-wicking in case you work up a good sweat. The “Good Vibes” embroidery detail is perfect for summer!
3. Sebamed Lip Defense, $4.99. You may remember to put sunscreen on your body, but your lips need protection too. Made with a special formula that includes Vitamin E and jojoba oil to heal, this balm soothes chapped lips while defending your pout against sunburns with SPF 30.
4. Volcom Forever and Ever Sandals, $18. No one likes getting sand in their shoes. Opt for a pair of easy-to-wear flip flops for your next trip to the coast. As seen on Lana Del Rey, these ones are so affordable that you won’t mind losing a pair while playing in the surf and sand!
5. Hat Attack “What’s Your Motto” Sunhat, $96. Who doesn’t like a little shade in their life? Give yourself a cool cover and bring along a large hat — like this one we found with cute sayings stitched right on its brim.
6. Uni K Wax Ingrown Hair Roll On, $22. Hey ladies, there’s finally a way to prevent ingrown hairs in your bikini area! Roll this on the affected area twice daily to exfoliate the ingrown hair gently, making the removal process easier and way more painless.
7. Le Paume Bikini Wash Travel Kit, $15. Keep your favorite bikini or swimsuit in tip-top shape for summers to come with this first-of-its-kind wash. The gentle solution promotes a longer lifespan of lycra while keeping the vibrancy of the colors in your swimwear. Best of all, their travel kit comes with individually sealed packets so you can just throw a few into your bag and go!
8. Nu Skin Sunright SPF 50 Sunscreen, $31. We can’t say this enough: Sunscreen is key! For the ultimate protection, go for water-resistant one that has a high SPF. This one’s also packed with anti-aging ingredients to help fight signs of wrinkles.
9. Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist, $28. Wearing makeup? Stay protected from harmful UV without smudging your foundation with a setting spray. As Khloé Kardashian writes on her app, “There’s nothing cute about looking like a sweaty mess during summer!!!”
10. Forever 21 Heart Print Phone Charger, $14.90. Regardless if you’re taking selfies or catching Pokémon at the beach, it’s highly likely that your phone will die before the sun sets. Make sure that it’ll be fully charged well into those summer nights by keeping a portable batter on hand.
Now, all you need is the right beach bag for you! Shop beach-perfect totes — below!