Tuesday Ten: 10 Kylie Jenner Lip Kit Dupes — Liner Edition
Each of Jenner’s lip kits come with its liner, so it’s necessary for those who want to copy her look to find a good alternative liner that will also match your dupe. Given that Jenner always recommends filling in your lips with your lip pencil before applying on any lipstick, having a good liner is absolutely key to recreating King Kylie’s signature pout.
From a super affordable must-have that’s a dead ringer for Dolce K to a red liner that even Jenner admits is a good Mary Jo K dupe, here are 10 liners that should hold your over until the next restock!
1. Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Re-Size & Re-Shape Lip Liner in Pink Venus, $22. Leave it to one of Jenner’s favorite beauty brands to come out with a liner color exactly like her Candy K. Albeit a little pricey, this Charlotte Tilbury pencil is a go-to for all the Kardashian sisters.
2. NARS Velvet Lip Liner in Nihiwatu, $24. If you’re dying to find a liner that matches Jenner’s always sold-out shade Mary Jo K, she recommends picking up this one from NARS. In a tutorial on her app about getting the perfect red lip, she admits that this is a “great” alternative to the one from her lip kit.
3. Too Faced Perfect Lips Liner in Perfect Nude, $17. Only a color called “Perfect Nude” is a match to Jenner’s Exposed, which she calls “the best nude I’ve ever used.” This retractable pencil from Too Faced is also self-sharpening for an always on-point pout.
4. NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Mauve, $3.49. For a crazy cheap liner that looks almost like Jenner’d Posie K, try this mauve-pink one from NYX. At less than $4, you’d want to pick up a few more for your vanity and makeup bag!
5. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Colour Pencil in Pool Boy, $16. With no restock date in sight for Jenner’s Skylie, the electric blue color she released exclusively to celebrate Fourth of July, fans everywhere are left to searching for substitutes. A great alternative to the bold shade is this liner from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. Pro tip: They also have a matching liquid lip stain!
6. Jordana Easyliner for Lips in Coco Loco, $2.49. Who knew the best dupe for Jenner’s True Brown K could be found at your local drugstore for less than the cost of a cup of coffee? This chocolate pencil from Jordana is dupe that won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
7. Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil in 25C Orange Red, $24. Getting the right orange-red shade that looks like Jenner’s 22 is tricky, but Make Up For Ever — one of the most trusted brands in the beauty industry — has somehow done it. For a long-lasting liner that’ll stay put all day, try this waterproof one from the company.
8. Palladio Beauty Retractable Waterproof Lip Liner in Nearly Nude, $4.99. To get a light pink like Koko K, lightly apply this twist-up liner from Palladio Beauty onto your lips. You can even seal in the color by using the brand’s matte lipstick called Lady Rose, which looks shockingly similar to Jenner’s lippie named after her older sis.
9. Tarte Tarteist Lip Crayon in Blackout, $18. It may be tempting to use black eyeliner as a lip pencil, but don’t — there may be some things you just don’t want to ingest. Instead, opt for this Tarte lip crayon that’s both vegan friendly and as dark as Jenner’s Dead of Knight.
10. ColourPop Lippie Pencil in Brink, $5. Any makeup addict will tell you that ColourPop’s formula is the closest thing to Jenner’s lip kit. Given that the two brands share the same manufacturer, it’s no surprise the ColourPop liner inspired by Jenner’s pout is an exact dupe of her Dolce K lip pencil. Some things are just meant to be.
Shop more lip liners — all under $29 — below!