Tuesday Ten: 10 Things That’ll Make Your College Dorm Room Look Adult AF
With back-to-school season upon us, now’s the time to start thinking about setting up your home-away-from-home, the college dorm room. This semester, stand out from the rest of the class by stepping up your decor game.
Ditch the Spongebob Squarepants bed sheets and boy band posters and make your living space look a little bit more grown up by incorporating some stylish into the mix. Though these items may make you seem like you’re totally adulting hard, they’re actually super affordable and student budget-friendly. (After all, have you seen the cost of textbooks these days?)
Here are 10 things you should add to your dorm to spruce up the place — all for under $100!
1. Cheeky Geo Paper Plates, $3. Whether your college kitchen is a communal microwave or a personal hotplate, no one likes to do the dishes. While these plates look like legit dinnerware, they’re actually made of paper that make clean-up easier than an open book test! Best of all, for every Cheeky item purchased, the brand will donate to Feeding America to help combat hunger in the U.S.
2. UncommonGreen College Town Pint Glass, $28. Show your school pride in the classiest of ways by getting a map of your college campus printed right onto your cup. With designs of every major U.S. college town available, you’d want to get a few for you and your roommate.
3. Small Gunns Buffalo Check Throw Pillow, $40. Nothing says cozy like a bed full of pillows. Make your room the most comfortable place to study by stocking up on some throw pillows — like these ones we found on AHA!
4. Kikkerland Coat Rack, $36. It seems like you’re never an adult until you learn how to keep your clothes off the floor. Not only does this coat rack do the trick, but it’s so easy to assemble that you can easily take it with even after you move out of your dorm.
5. Nate Burkus Desktop Organizer, $14.99. Create a professional-looking workspace by investing in a desk organizer. This one can be used for pens and other school supplies, or makeup brushes on your vanity.
6. Shutterfly Drew Barrymore Boho Fleece Photo Blanket, $69.99. Want to adult real hard and impress all roomies? Upgrade your sheets and splurge on a good quality blanket. Designed by Drew Barrymore, this throw can be thrown on the bed or couch for the ultimate comfort.
7. V Shop Notes Notepad, $9. Adulting means getting your life in order. Keep track of your classes, appointments, grocery list and more by jotting it all down on some oh-so chic stationary.
8. Easy, Tiger “Best at Life” Print, $15. Sure, you can decorate your room with the same Pink Floyd poster basically every has, or you can look really legit with some gold foil framable art. After getting your diploma, you’ll probably hang this in your first post-grad apartment, too.
9. Simon Blake Noah Lamp, $79.99. The best way to make your dorm room feel like home is through lighting. Forgo the fluorescent bulbs and opt for a nice desk lamp. We found this timeless and classic one at T.J. Maxx.
10. Lulu & Georgia “Don’t Worry Be Yonce” Doormat, $45. Who’s the biggest boss lady in the world? Beyoncé, duh! Find inspiration every time you enter your personal paradise with this cheeky rug. Besides, a doormat is a totally grown-up thing to have, right?
Looking for even MORE budget-friendly decor? Check out out “under $50″ picks — below!