Lady Gaga Just Spilled So Much Tea About Her New Album, ‘Joanne’
Today (Sept. 15, 2016) Lady Gaga called into Zane Lowe’s show on Beats 1 show and unleashed a torrent of new information about her forthcoming fifth album, which we now know is titled Joanne.
UPDATE: Gaga shared Joanne’s album cover. Check it out below.
LADY GAGA / JOANNE
OCT 21 pic.twitter.com/YzKQbtVEZO
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) September 15, 2016
After beating around the bush for a few minutes (and after Lowe played “Perfect Illusion“), Gaga got down to business and blew the lid off her super-secretive-until-now new project. Here are the key takeaways:
- The album is titled Joanne and is named after her late aunt. (Not a coincidence: Joanne is also Gaga’s middle name.)
- The release date is Oct. 21, 2016.
- The album is in its final stages and will be completely mixed and mastered (read: completed!) within the next 48 hours.
- The album will feature a collaboration with country songwriter Hillary Lindsey.
- It will also feature a collaboration with Father John Misty titled “Sinner’s Prayer”.
- We can expect the album cover, which Lowe described as “timeless,” within a few hours.
- The regular edition will feature 11 tracks, and the deluxe 14. “But don’t quote me on that,” Gaga said.
- Gaga said that perhaps her favorite song on the record is called “Ayo”.
- “John Wayne” is another song title.
- One track has “a Bollywood reference… a sitar…”
- The video for “Perfect Illusion” was directed by Ruth Hogben and will be out “very soon.”
Listen to the entire interview here:
The album’s lead single, “Perfect Illusion,” is very good. Listen again below.