Emmys 2016: ‘Game of Thrones’ Breaks a Record, Tina Fey’s Reaction to Bill Cosby, and More Big Show Moments
Jimmy Kimmel’s jokes were on point, Game of Thrones broke an Emmy record, and Tina Fey’s reaction when she thought “Dr. Bill Cosby” was in the building was priceless. There were also some memorable speeches including Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ emotional Veep Emmy dedication to her late father.
Check out the top 5 moments from Sunday night’s (Sept. 18, 2016) show below:
1. Jimmy Kimmel’s Monologue: “Here in Hollywood, the only thing we value more than diversity is congratulating ourselves on how much we value diversity,” he joked.
2. Tina Fey’s Face After That Emmys Bill Cosby Joke Was All of Us: The SNL alum was caught mouthing something like, “This has to be a joke,” and thankfully it was.
Look at their faces when they heard “Bill Cosby” pic.twitter.com/adBIShRkCf
— Wolé II (@Kingwole) September 19, 2016
4. The Stranger Things Cast Fed the Audience:
5. Game of Thrones Won and Broke Record for Most Emmy Wins Ever:
Here are the most memorable (and tear-jerking) speeches of the night:
1. Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ Emotional Tribute Bought Us to Tears: “I’d like to dedicate this to my father, William Louis-Dreyfus,” she said, “who passed away on Friday. And, I’m so glad that he liked Veep because his opinion was the one that really mattered.”
— Variety (@Variety) September 19, 2016
2. Alan Yang’s Master of None Speech Hit the Nail on the Head: “We got a long way to go — I know we can get there,” he said referencing diversity in Hollywood.
— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) September 19, 2016
3. Tatiana Maslany Finally Took Home an Emmy for Orphan Black: “I should have had this written down,” the actress said as she accepted the award. “I feel so lucky to be in a show that puts women at the center.”
4. Rami Malek Opened His Speech in the Most Perfect Way: “Please tell me you’re seeing this, too,” he said. He later cried all over Jimmy Kimmel.
RAMI MALEK WINNING HIS EMMY AWARD! HIS REACTION WAS THE BEST! HIS SPEECH WAS THE BEST! HE IS THE BEST! pic.twitter.com/P7NUQORxht
— ryan 🐾 (@whittingham96) September 19, 2016
5. Sarah Paulson Apologized to Marcia Clark on Behalf of All of Us: “I am glad to be able to stand here today in front of everyone and tell you, I’m sorry,” she said.