Tuesday Ten: Breast Cancer Awareness Products That Give Back to the Cause
Pumpkin spice season may be finally upon us, but October also marks the start Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This year, many fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands are lending a hand, creating products that give back and support BCA research. From shoes benefit charities to candies and other goods designed specifically for cancer patients, there are plenty of things out there that are worthy of the cause.
Though we normally feature 10 items in our weekly Tuesday Ten, we can’t help but to double up for this special edition and share 20 of our picks. After all, we need all the help we can get to end breast cancer!
1. AfterShokz Trek Titanium Pink Headphones, $129.99. Whether you’re going for run or just catching up on your favorite podcast on the subway, keep your tunes close and your headset tangle-free with these wireless headphones. From now until Oct. 31, AfterShokz will donate 25 percent of proceeds to Bright Pink, a non-profit that focuses on breast and ovarian cancer awareness and education. Now that’s music to our ears!
2. Cabeau Special Edition Pink Evolution Travel Pillow, $39.99. Sleep soundly knowing you’re supporting an important cause! Five percent of the purchase price from online and in-store sales of this special travel pillow will go to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, whose mission is to find a cure for breast cancer in our lifetime.
3. Sabre Designer Pepper Spray, $9.99. While we hope you will never be in a situation where you’d need to use pepper spray, it doesn’t hurt to protect yourself in case you do get yourself in danger. Sabre, one of the most trusted brands by police and consumers, will be donating proceeds from its breast cancer line of products to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
4. ABEO B.I.O.system Alvena Loafers, $109.95. For the sixth year, The Walking Company is supporting the fight against breast cancer and donating proceeds from the sales of its ABEO footwear adorned with a pink ribbon — like these super comfy loafers — as part of its Walking for Hope campaign. So far, the company has donated over $800,000 to City of Hope, a cancer treatment and research center based in California.
5. Ora Delphine Heart and Tassel Charm, $55. How chic is this? Not only will this pink charm look great hanging from your bag or keys, but 10 percent of its net proceeds will be given to Susan G. Komen!
6. Zenni Optical Zenni Pink Eyeglasses, $29.95. Regardless of what lenses you choose for these shades, $2 from each frame sold will go to the National Breast Cancer Foundation for the month of October. You can even customize your pair with your personal prescription.
7. Pilot Pen Dr. Grip Center of Gravity Retractable Ball Point Pen, $10. Get a grip on breast cancer awareness! Pilot will donate 10 percent of gross profits from each pink ribbon product sold from now until Dec. 3, 2017 (up to $100,000) to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
8. Per Lo Pink Chalcedony 6 Stone Alchemy Bracelet, $179. Wear your support for breast cancer research on your sleeve — literally! For the month of October, Per Lo will donate 30 percent of net proceeds to the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, an organization dedicated to cutting-edge breast cancer research.
9. JustFab Tahnee Shoes, $39.95. Help give cancer the boot by slipping into these stylish heels! This year, 100 percent of net proceeds from JustFab’s Tahnee pink pumps will benefit Susan G. Komen Orange County.
10. Sparkling Ice Pink Grapefruit Drink, $1.69. Sparkling Ice proudly displays a pink ribbon on their Pink Grapefruit bottle as a vow to give a portion of the proceeds to fund breast cancer research. This year, the company will make a $25,000 cash donation to the American Cancer Society.
11. Arya Essentials Shanti Bath Salt, $60. Ever since her mother passed away from breast cancer, Arya Essentials founder Shadoh Punnapuzha has been passionate about raising awareness and fighting to help cure the disease. Through the month of October, the beauty brand will donate 15 percent of its sales to Young Survival Coalition, a non-profit organization that supports and educates about breast cancer in younger women.
12. Give-a-Care Lemon Candies, $6. Rethink Breast Cancer, whose mission it is to empower and support young people worldwide affected by breast cancer, has created a line of products for young women with breast cancer that understands what they’re going through. Cutely packaged with relatable quotes intended to lift spirits and help patients get through the tougher days, goodies from the Give-A-Care collection — like these candies that help combat the “metal mouth” side effect of chemotherapy — are the perfect way to show someone you care. All of its proceeds will go back to the organization’s work to educate, empower and advocate for those concerned about and affected by breast cancer.
14. Aardvark Pink Ribbon Paper Straws, $4.99. Saving the environment and donating to breast cancer research? Thanks to Aardvark, you can now get behind both noble causes! Ten percent of all sales of its eco-friendly, pink ribbon paper straws will benefit the Vera Bradley Foundation, a research-heavy organization that invests in solely breast cancer awareness and education.
15. Luca + Danni Gloria’s Angel Pendant, $32. Luca + Danni founder Fred Magnanimi started his jewelry label as a tribute to his late brother, who passed away from leukemia. For Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the company has launched a collection of beautiful baubles — like this necklace — to raise funds. Twenty percent of proceeds from the line will be proudly given to Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation.
16. Forever 21 Breast Cancer Awareness Beanie, $7.90. Keep warm and show your support with this fashionable hat. Through until the end of October, a dollar from the purchase of every item sold in Forever 21’s Breast Cancer Awareness Collection will benefit the Keep A Breast Foundation to help educate about breast cancer prevention.
17. Daily Greens Cleanse Kit, $96. Founded by breast cancer survivor Shauna Martin in 2012, Daily Greens is donating 20 percent of their cleanse kit sales to the Young Survivor Coalition. In addition, the company will also donate an extra dollar any time a customer uses one of their pink “$1 off” coupons.
18. Kent International Susan G. Komen Pink 26″ Multi-Speed Cruiser, $119. Support a worthy cause while cruising around your neighborhood! Kent will donate $10 from every bike sold to Susan G. Komen to further the organization’s efforts in increasing breast cancer awareness and research.
20. Mission Belt Pink Belt, $39.95. Who says pink is only for girls? For every fuchsia men’s belt sold in October, Mission Belt, the unique and revolutionary no-holes leather belt company, will donate a dollar to the Keep A Breast Foundation.
Shop more items that will give to organizations dedicated to breast cancer awareness and research — below!