Kim Kardashian Cancels Another Appearance After Robbery Ordeal
Kim Kardashian just isn’t ready to make any appearances since being bound, gagged and robbed at gunpoint in Paris a little over a week ago.
She was scheduled to appear in Las Vegas at the end of the month at the Hakkasan Nightclub on Oct. 28, one week after her 36th birthday, but E! News has confirmed Kim canceled the gig.
“Given recent circumstances, Kim Kardashian will be unable to make her previously scheduled appearance at Hakkasan Las Vegas Nightclub,” a rep for the club told E!
Kardashian apparently has a $1 million deal with Hakkasan to make four appearances in 2016 (she’s already made two), but sources said the contract is lenient on making scheduling changes. Plus, the club wants to maintain good relations with Kim and the rest of the Kardashians.
Since her terrifying ordeal, the mom-of-two has stayed sequestered, spending all her time with her two children, North, 3, and Saint, 10 months, even missing the recent Keeping Up with the Kardashians wrap party. Kim is also reportedly seeking professional help.
“Kim is doing better but she still has a long way to recover from the robbery,” the insider told E! “She has been receiving some professional counseling. Her friends and family have been really supportive. Her sisters and mom have been checking on her every day.”
Kim’s husband, Kanye West, also frequently calls when he is not on stage, and they both agreed to try to keep robbery aftermath away from North.
The source added, “Being around her children is the biggest distraction for [Kim’s] mind,” the source said. “North West is aware her mom is sad and not herself, but Kanye and Kim are trying not to talk about it around her.”