Tuesday Ten: 10 Wardrobe Staples You Need This Fall
It’s sometimes hard to dress for the changing seasons. However, with a few simple adjustments to your wardrobe, you can look your best without having to revamp your entire closet.
This fall, invest a few good quality style staples that you can pair with things you already own. From a motorcycle jacket that you can rock with any ‘ol tee to accessories that’ll up your style game tenfold, here are 10 must-haves for the perfect autumnal outfit!
1. House of CB Rosella Bodysuit, $89. One-pieces are so in this year simply because of how versatile they are. Wear this under jeans for a casual look, or pair it with a fun and flirty skirt for a nighttime outfit. The possibilities are simply endless! Kendall Jenner, Chrissy Teigen and Kourtney Kardashian have all be spotted rocking bodysuits from this celebrity-favorite brand.
2. DSTLD Leather Moto Jacket, $350. A timeless jacket is something you should definitely invest in. If you’re into the rocker chic look like Kristen Stewart, a motorcycle jacket is a wardrobe-must. We recommend this one that gives a structured yet feminine silhouette.
3. Genuine People Faux Leather V Neck Mini Dress, $70. This year, the hottest LBD is none other than something inspired by what your grandma used to wear to bed. Kim Kardashian and Selena Gomez have all hopped on board the lingerie-as-streetwear bandwagon. If you’re feeling a little exposed in spaghetti straps, wear your slip on top of a t-shirt to channel those ’90s vibe!
4. H&M Superstretch Jeans, $29.99. As temperatures drop, swap out your summer shorts for a pair of pants that’ll look cute with any sweater. Distressed jeans are back in style — and at under $30 a pair, you’d probably want to get a few more in different washes!
5. PrettyLittleThing Bess Boots, $78.75. Going out? Look great and stay warm with thigh-high boots paired with your favorite mini skirt. “Thigh-high boots are so dope!!!” Khloé Kardashian writes on her app. “They’re sexy without showing any skin so you know I’ll be wearing these this entire season.” Kylie Jenner, Hailey Baldwin and Sofia Richie are all fans of pieces from this UK-based fashion label.
6. David & Young Collection Panama Hat, $9.99. Whether you’re having a bad hair day or trying to cover up your greasy tresses, popping on a wide-brimmed hat — like this one we found at T.J. Maxx — will make you look put together AF. You just might be mistaken for a professional fashion blogger.
7. Wanderlust + Co Gigi Black Wrap Choker, $29. As seen on Vanessa Hudgens, this faux leather choker is the perfect accessory for any ’90s kid. And in case you’re wondering: Yes, it’s named after fashion It-girl Gigi Hadid!
8. JustFab Benji Bag, $39.95. Fall is the optimal time to break out rich, luxurious fabrics like suede and velvet. (Especially faux suede if you’re trying to save a few bucks or two!) We’re totally digging this saddle bag from JustFab’s partnership with the trend-setting social media platform, Betches.
9. Wildfox Harper Sunglasses x Smashbox Be Legendary Matte Lipstick in Hater, $169. Talk about a style dream team! Wildfox has teamed up with Smashbox Cosmetics to match 10 of their signatures sunnies with 10 of the beauty brand’s lipsticks. Regardless of season, it’s always nice to have a new pair of shades — especially one that coordinates with a deep, rich brown lippie.
10. Kristin Cavallari for Chinese Laundry Capri Flats, $120. Meet the fall equivalent of your summer slides! While sandals may be out of season this autumn, these slip-on flats designed by the always-fashionable Kristin Cavallari are not. Pair this with your favorite pair of jeans for a cute ensemble that’s totally hassle-free.
Still looking for some style inspiration? Shop more of our favorite fall outfits — below!