The Concierge from Kim Kardashian’s Paris Hotel Reveals Alleged Long-Standing Faults in Security

The concierge from the Hôtel de Pourtalès, where Kim Kardashian was robbed at gunpoint during Paris Fashion Week, spoke exclusively with the Daily Mail about the hotel’s security.

The hotel worker, who only goes by the name Abdulrahman out of fear for his safety, said that security had been so low for “years” before Kardashian’s attack that he feared that “someone might die.”

“There was no real security at all. It’s a choice,” Abdulrahman said, revealing that the security code at the front door hadn’t been changed in years and that it still hasn’t been updated a full two weeks after the robbery took place. “The hotel doesn’t mind about security. We told them years and years before, you have to make a camera, you have to put [in place] a security process, about keys. Nothing was locked, there was no proper security there.”

“I told the hotel years ago, you need better security and they didn’t mind. If you look at that big door, it wasn’t locked, it was open. We talked about it and nobody cared. The code of the door was never changed and everybody knew it.”

Abdulrahman said that the hotel deliberately did not install security cameras so that their high-profile clients could enter and leave the building without being filmed with “prostitutes or sensitive business associates,” which is why Kardashian’s assailants were not captured on camera.

Abdulrahman was allegedly handcuffed and marched to Kardashian’s door and was forced to act as an interpreter as the robbers engaged in their attack. He said that Kardashian’s apartment was accessed by a wooden door with a simple lock. “At first I looked at [the robbers] and one got very angry,” Abdulrahman described. “He asked me to put my head down and never look at him again. He repeated, never, never look at me, or I will kill you. I saw that two of them had guns, then I just looked down.”

Abdulrahman disclosed an internal email sent by the management in 2010 with the Daily Mail reporters that warned them of the “lax security at the establishment,” and said that he is now planning legal action against the hotel.

The concierge worker, who is now a key witness in the investigation, believes that the police did not handle her case well and offered him little support. “I ended up having the handcuffs on until almost five in the morning because policemen did not have the ability to open them. It made me upset,” said Abdulrahman. “The police were not very professional. They did not look after me afterwards, they didn’t offer me any counselling or anything. Psychologically, I have to repair myself.”

Kardashian’s assistant Steph Shep also issued an update on the reality star on Monday (Oct. 17, 2016) through a handwritten note on Kardashian’s website. “Hey guys. So you may have noticed we haven’t updated the app in a couple weeks. Keeks is taking some much needed time off. But not to worry … we’ve called upon Kim’s closest friends, fam and yours truly to serve up some exclusives. Stay tuned for new posts and app takeovers!! Thank you so much for your support for my girl,” she wrote in her note. “Love you mean it!”

kim-k-letter-5a88c69b-f1cb-4f48-a027-f51ac4a8a7dd
CREDIT: Kim Kardashian West

Finally, John Legend was the latest of Kardashian’s friends to open up about the personal impact that the traumatic incident has on his perspective of everyday life.

Chrissy has been in touch with them, and, you know, I felt really bad for what happened,” he told ET. “It makes you think about everything. You know, the world, I do not think is, you know, it is not full of danger at every turn, but there is enough out there that you need to be aware of it, and, you know, be as cautious as you can while still enjoying yourself and not living in a box and kind of imprisoning yourself to the fear that something could happen.”

Listen to our Celebuzz’d podcast episode about Kardashian’s robbery in the SoundCloud player below.