President Obama Declassifies His Workout Playlist
While nearly everyone is panicking over the upcoming presidential election, President Obama seems the most relaxed he’s been since 2008. Perhaps it has something to do with his exercise routine. A good workout can really mellow a person out, especially when paired with a good playlist.
While the nation is focused on a trainwreck that doesn’t involve Obama at all, he’s free to pursue his own interests, like guest-editing the November issue of Wired. As part of his foray into the tech media world, the president revealed that he has a must-use playlist for when he hits the gym.
Not one to put his faith in the algorithm gods of Spotify or Pandora, Obama has curated a pretty impressive playlist full of great tracks both old and new. It’s a good enough group of songs that for once a dad might not embarrass his teenage daughter with his musical tastes. More importantly, these songs are all sure get your blood pumping. Let’s see what we’ve got:
- “Let’s Get It Started” (Spike Mix) by The Black Eyed Peas
- “Sinnerman” by Nina Simone
- “If You Love Somebody Set Them Free” by Sting
- “Live It Up, Parts 1 & 2″ by The Isley Brothers
- “Emergency” by Icona Pop
- “Perro Loco” by Forro in the Dark
- “Get Me Bodied” (Extended Mix) by Beyoncé
- “Off That: by Jay-Z and Drake
- “Could You Be Loved” by Bob Marley and the Wailers
- “Elevator Operator” by Courtney Barnett
Now you have everything you need to try President Obama’s workout mix for yourself next time you’re at the gym. Now how long is it going to take for some TV news personality to complain about Beyoncé and Jay-Z being on this list?