Camila Cabello Is ‘Shocked’ by Fifth Harmony’s Statement About Her Exit
Perhaps sensing the shade thrown in the girl group’s statement, which claimed the remaining members were told of Cabello’s departure through her “representatives,” the 19-year-old hit back and argued that she did not blindside the girls with her exit as the announcement made it seem. Giving her side of the story, Cabello wrote in a lengthy tweet that she “did not intend to end things with Fifth Harmony this way.”
“I was shocked to read the statement the Fifth Harmony account posted without my knowing,” she wrote in the note. “The girls were aware of my feelings through the long, much-needed conversations about the future that we had during tour. Saying that they were just informed through my representatives that I was ‘leaving the group’ is simply not true.”
“As sad as it is to see this chapter ending this way, I will continue to root them all on as individuals and as a group, I wish nothing but the best for them, all the success in the world and true happiness,” she continued. “New chapters are scary, but conforming to what’s safe and looking back with regret is even scarier.”
According to Cabello, she will be embarking on a solo music career in the next year. Meanwhile, the remaining members confirmed that they will be continuing on as a foursome.
“Next year I will be working on my own music and giving you a big chunk of my heart,” Cabello wrote. “As scary as it is to take the leap, I am excited and full of joy because I know that no matter what happens, I am following my heart. I hope to see you on my journey.”
— Camila Cabello (@camilacabello97) December 19, 2016
Sources told Billboard that Cabello had been expressing her desires to leave months ago and Fifth Harmony’s management was informed of the singer’s last date with the band.
Cabello performed with Fifth Harmony for the last time on Dec. 18. At the time, the group did not indicate that Cabello would be ending her contract and separating from the band.