Andrea Bocelli Will Not Perform at Donald Trump’s Inauguration After All

It was reported that Andrea Bocelli bailed on Donald Trump’s inauguration over major backlash, however, that’s not what Trump’s team is saying.

According to Thomas J. Barrack, Jr., the chairman of Trump’s inauguration committee, it was the President-elect’s decision.

“The Bocellis came to him and said, ‘Look, if it would be helpful to you, if you would like us to perform, we would consider it,’” he explained to CNBC. “And Donald said: ‘You don’t need to. We’re not in that kind of a framework. Thanks very much for the offer. You’re my friend. You are always welcome at the White House.’”

The Italian singer, who has apparently been receiving a lot of online hate over the performance rumors, has yet to respond to the latest development.

So far, former America’s Got Talent star Jackie Evancho is the only talent confirmed to perform at the inauguration on January 20, 2016.