Footloose Sweepstakes Rules 2011
FOOTLOOSE SOUNDTRACK PROMOTION SWEEPSTAKES
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. This sweepstakes is sponsored by BUZZMEDIA (“Sponsor”).
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: The Footloose Soundtrack Promotion Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is a random drawing sweepstakes in which participants enter by submitting name, address, and comments on Buzznet.com, Celebuzz.com, Idolator.com, SocialiteLife.com, or TheFrisky.com (the “Site(s)”). The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM PST on October 4, 2011 and ends at 11:59 AM ET on October 13, 2011. Winner(s) will be notified via e-mail within two weeks of the closing of the sweepstakes.
2. SWEEPSTAKES ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States (i.e. excluding Alaska and Hawaii) and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry. Entrants who are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence must have their parent/legal guardian’s permission in order to submit an entry in this Sweepstakes. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of the Sponsor, Paramount Pictures Corporation (“Paramount”) and its affiliated companies, subsidiaries, sponsors, advertising and promotion partners and agencies, any other prize sponsor, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes (all of the foregoing, together with the Sponsor and Paramount collectively referred to as the “Promotion Entities”). If a dispute as to the identity of an entrant cannot be resolved to the Sponsor’s satisfaction, then such entrant shall be deemed ineligible for the Sweepstakes.
4. PRIZES: There will be one (1) grand prize winner. The Grand Prize consists of (i) round trip coach airfare from their city of origin within the continental United States to and from Los Angeles for the grand prize winner and one (1) guest, (ii) two (2) tickets to see an episode of “The Voice” live, (iii) two (2) nights in a standard double room for two (2) in Los Angeles (one (1) room; double occupancy and room tax only) and (iv) ground travel expenses to and from Los Angeles Airport to the hotel, travel service provided to and from the episode. Prize is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash and is subject to all terms and conditions of use as established by issuer. Grand prize winner’s guest must be of legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides (and at least eighteen (18) years of age), unless Grand Prize winner is the parent or legal guardian of guest, to the sole satisfaction of Sponsor (and provided that Grand Prize winner must then be of legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides, and at least eighteen years of age). Grand Prize winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Total ARV of Grand Prize is $4,5875. Prize is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash and is subject to all terms and conditions of use as established by issuer. Grand Prize winner must be available to collect prize between October 14, 2011 – October 14, 2012 in the greater Los Angeles area.
5. ADDITIONAL TERMS REGARDING PRIZE: The ARV of the prize will vary depending upon points of departure and destination and seasonal fluctuation of hotel rates and airfares. If the actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. All travel expenses will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion after the final winner is selected. All expenses not specifically mentioned are not included and are solely entrant’s responsibility, including, without limitation: alcoholic beverages, fax, food, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs, and telephone calls. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain restrictions, blackout dates, and Sponsor’s approval. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. If, in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to the proximity of winner’s residence to the event, ground transportation will be substituted for round-trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Travel arrangements will be made by Sponsor through Sponsor’s agent, and Sponsor shall determine the airline and flight itinerary, including the airport of origin and the arrival airport, in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for airline cancellations or delays. The prize may not be redeemed for cash, transferred, or substituted for another prize, except that a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates, or other prizes. Prize elements may not be separated. Airline tickets and hotel stay issued in conjunction with the prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles or hotel miles, and no code share flights may be used. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Winner and/or guest must provide the hotel with a valid credit card for incidentals (including mini-bar and pay-per-view television) and/or damages to the hotel room.
By entering this Sweepstakes and accepting the prize, the prize winner agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Sweepstakes- or prize-related activity, including, without limitation, the episode. The prize winner understands and agrees that the Promotion Entities and other prize providers have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the grand prize winner or his/her guest from any activity at any time if the winner’s or his/her guest’s behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of a Promotion Entity or otherwise violates the policies of the prize providers, and in such a case, the grand prize winner will still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the prize. PRIZE WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES OF HIS/HER GUEST RELATED TO ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES RELATED TO THE PRIZE WINNER”S OR GUEST’S USE OF THE PRIZE.
6. ODDS: The odds of winning depend on the total amount of people that enter. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to the parents or legal guardians, who must sign all, if any required affidavits and releases. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to prizes.
7. Notification of Winner: One potential winner will be chosen by random drawing on or about October 18, 2011. The potential winner will be notified by email, phone, and/or mail within seven (14) days of the close of the sweepstakes. If the potential winner cannot be reached within the stated time, Sponsor may select alternate potential winner at its sole discretion. This process will be repeated until a winner is confirmed (Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to stop the process of attempting to contact potential winner(s) in the event that the Sponsor cannot reach a potential winner in a reasonable amount of time).
8. SPONSOR’S RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY: At any time during the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entrant for any reason. The decisions of the Sponsor on this and all matters relating to the Sweepstakes are final and binding.
9. CONDITIONS OF SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, each entrant (or entrant’s parent/legal guardian, if entrant is a minor in his/her state of legal residence):
(i) without limiting the rights granted to the Promotion Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees if the entrant is a winner, irrevocably grants to the Promotion Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable, perpetual and transferable right and license to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, exhibit, use and/or otherwise edit or modify (as necessary) the entrant’s name, state of residence, image, voice, likeness, statements, biographical material, as well as any other materials relating to the entrant and arising out of his/her participation in this Sweepstakes (with or without using the entrant’s name) (collectively, the “Additional Materials”), without additional review, compensation, or approval from the entrant or any other party, except as prohibited by law;
(ii) without limiting the rights granted to the Promotion Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees if the entrant is a winner, irrevocably grants to the Promotion Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable, perpetual and transferable right and license to reproduce, store, modify (for any purpose, including, but not limited to, internal standards/practices review and editorial control), copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit, create derivative works of, and/or otherwise exploit the Additional Materials (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entry Materials” for (A) any purpose on or through the Sponsor’s Site and/or sites owned or operated by Sponsor or Other Promotion Entities, (B) any advertising, promotional or commercial purposes in any and all media, throughout the world, whether now known or hereafter created, in each instance, without additional review, compensation, or approval from the entrant or any other party, except as prohibited by law (all winners of the Sweepstakes will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release as well as a publicity release);
(iii) forever waives any rights of privacy, intellectual property rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude the Promotion Entities’ use of the Sweepstakes Entry Materials, or require the entrant’s permission for the Promotion Entities to use them for promotional purposes, and agrees to never sue or assert any claim against the Promotion Entities’ use and exploitation of the same as permitted herein; and
(iv) agrees to indemnify and hold the Promotion Entities and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the “Promotion Indemnitees”), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Promotion Indemnitees arising out of or in connection with (A) any Sweepstakes Entry Materials, (B) any breach by the entrant of any warranty, agreement or representation contained in these Official Rules or terms of service or in any documentation submitted or agreed to by the entrant, (C) the entrant’s conduct during and in connection with this Sweepstakes, or (D) the acceptance, use or misuse of any award or prize.
10. GENERAL RULES: The Sweepstakes is governed by and subject to the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or the announcement of the prizes, or for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegal entries. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Promotion Entities’ website(s), (b) violating these Official Rules, (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Promotion Entities’ property or service, or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. NONCOMPLIANCE WITH ANY OF THE OFFICIAL RULES MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY AN ENTRANT THAT WILL BRING SUCH ENTRANT OR THE PROMOTION ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH ENTRANT’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A ENTRANT AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS AN ENTRANT WILL IMMEDIATELY BE TERMINATED. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any technical malfunctions that may occur during participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing (including, without limitation, any such problems which may result in the inability to access the Site(s)). The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person, or to any computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promotion Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part (including, without limitation, any Sweepstakes date or deadline) and select winners from among those eligible entrants from that portion of the Sweepstakes that has not been compromised, if any.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE PROMOTION ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (including loss of use, data, business or profits), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES.
12. DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and each entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions rights and obligations of entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof and any matters or proceedings as set forth in these Official Rules, shall take place in the State of California, County of Los Angeles. The parties waive rights to trial by jury in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes.
14. WINNERS LIST/RULES REQUESTS: : For a copy of these Official Rules or the winners names, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Pam Lin, BUZZMEDIA, 6464 W. Sunset Blvd, Suite 650, Hollywood, CA 90068. Requests received after December 1st, 2011 shall not be honored. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
15. SPONSOR: BUZZMEDIA, 6464 W. Sunset Blvd, Suite 650, Hollywood, CA 90068.
© 2011 BUZZMEDIA. All rights reserved.