KK Wedding Giveaway Rules
Kim Kardashian Wedding Giveaway – Presented by BUZZMEDIA “OFFICIAL RULES”
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED AND THE SKILL OF EACH ENTRANT. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED. This CONTEST is sponsored by BUZZMEDIA (the “Sponsor”).
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The Kim Kardashian Wedding Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”) is a skill-based competition for engaged or soon-to-be engaged couples who plan on getting married in spring/summer 2012. Participants shall compete by submitting (i) a written entry in 250 words or less on Celebuzz.com about their love story, including, but not limited to, how the couple met, what makes their story special and unique and why they should be chosen to win this wedding giveaway and (ii) a photo of themselves (“First Round”) and (2) if selected as one of the top 10 entrants by the Sponsor, garner the most ‘Likes’ on Kim Kardashian’s Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/KimKardashian (“Second Round”). The First Round of the Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM PST on September 09, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PST on September 23, 2011. Entrants will be notified via email on or before 12:00:00 AM PST on September 30 if they have been chosen to move on to the Second Round. The Second Round of the Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM PST on September 30, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PST on October 06, 2011. The winner will be announced October 7th. Notwithstanding anything herein in to the contrary, this Contest is not in any way affiliated with Facebook. The winner will be determined by the amount of ‘Likes’ on Kim Kardashian’s Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/KimKardashian. Entrants and their fans must comply with all Facebook rules and terms of service. One ‘Like’ per fan. Entrants determined to have violated Facebook’s terms of service or to have used electronic means to influence voting will be disqualified.
One (1) Williams-Sonoma Dream Kitchen (awarded through a gift card in the amount of $5000; gift card subject to terms and conditions, see gift card for more details)
One (1) pair of Giuseppi Zanotti shoes in winner’s size, chosen by Giuseppi Zanotti. No substitutions.
One (1) wedding dress from Vera Wang’s White Collection for David’s Bridal (winner’s choice, value up to $1500)
Up to four (4) bridesmaids dresses from Vera Wang’s White Collection for David’s Bridal (winner’s choice, value of each up to $200)
Dress fitting and all alterations for bride and bridesmaids dresses at a David’s Bridal store in Los Angeles (date TBA)
One (1) exclusive monogram clutch from Judith Leiber, style and design chosen by Judith Leiber. No substitutions.
A makeover with one or more members of Kim Kardashian’s personal “glam team” (TBD at a later date) (Hair and/or makeup, depending on dates and availability)
$500 towards travel and accommodations in Los Angeles
Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize: $16,000.
All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for and winner will not receive the difference, if any, between the actual value of the prize at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules or in any Contest-related correspondence or materials. All prizes legitimately claimed will be awarded. If winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the stated prize or portion thereof with another prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, prize unavailability. No more than the stated prizes will be awarded. Winners are strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading or otherwise transferring any part of the prize.
3. ADDITIONAL TERMS REGARDING PRIZE: All expenses not specifically mentioned are not included and are solely Finalist’s responsibility, including, without limitation: round-trip transportation between the winner’s residence and the airport of origin, alcoholic beverages, fax, food, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs, and telephone calls
The prize winner is strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading or otherwise transferring the prize unless Sponsor consents in writing. By entering this Contest and accepting the prize, the prize winner agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Contest- or prize-related activity. The prize winner understands and agrees that the Promotion Entities and other prize providers have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the grand prize winner or his/her guest from any activity at any time if the winner’s or his/her guest’s behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of a Promotion Entity or otherwise violates the policies of the prize providers, and in such a case, the grand prize winner will still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the prize. PRIZE WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES OF HIS/HER GUEST RELATED TO ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES RELATED TO THE GUEST’S USE OF THE PRIZE.
4. CONTEST ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry. Entrants under the age of eighteen (18) or other age of majority in their state of primary residence (“Minors”) must have permission from their parent or legal guardian to participate. If a verified winner is a Minor, the prize may be awarded in the name of the winner’s parent or legal guardian in the Contest Entities’ sole discretion, who must execute the necessary affidavit and release as more fully detailed below or the prize will be forfeited. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of the Sponsor and the Kardashian family) and their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, sponsors, advertising and promotion partners and agencies, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and their respective officer, directors, employees and agents, any other prize sponsor, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest are not eligible to enter the Contest (all of the foregoing, together with the Sponsor, collectively referred to as the “Promotion Entities”). None of the Promotion Entities is liable for any disputes between collaborators arising under or related to the Contest. If a dispute as to the identity of an entrant cannot be resolved to the Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry shall be deemed ineligible for the Contest.
ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED AND, IN FACT, MAY BE DESTROYED. ANY ENTRY OR LETTER THAT DOES NOT CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL BE DEEMED INELIGIBLE IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION.
6. SECOND ROUND: After being chosen to move on to the Second Round, each of the 10 Semi-Finalists will have their entries posted on the Celebuzz Facebook page for fans to vote on the best entry. The entry with the most ‘Likes’ after one week will be designated the winner.
All CONTEST ENTRY MATERIALS (as defined below):
a. must be intended for family audience viewing and contain only content that, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, is suitable for all persons over the age of 18;
b. must not, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, contain or involve any of the following: (i) obscenity, (ii) private property or other property (unless entrant has obtained a signed property release specific for the uses specified herein), (iii) crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language and/or symbols, (iv) gang signs or symbols, (v) nudity, (vi) commercial products (e.g., clothing, toys, food) and/or their trademarks, brands, logos or endorsements, (vii) license plates, phone numbers, personal addresses (physical, email or otherwise), (viii) websites or web page links, (ix) derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, (x) humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), (xi) any assault or threatening of others, (xii) trespass or the violation of other people’s rights or property, (xiii) illegal (e.g., discriminatory, harassing) or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct (e.g., inflicting emotional distress), (xiv) conduct or activities in violation of these Official Rules, or (xv) any other content, display, materials and/or images that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion;
c. must not contain content which endorses or condones illegal drug use or alcohol abuse and narcotic addiction;
d. must not contain content that is explicit, graphic or depicts sexual activity;
e. must not contain violence, nor may violence be shown or offered as an acceptable solution to problem or conflict; and
f. must not contain any copyrighted works (other than materials owned by the entrant) or any other information, content or materials that infringe the rights of any third party or violate any applicable laws or regulations.
All elements used, incorporated into or otherwise appearing in a Contest Entry Material, including, without limitation, words, stills, and video (collectively, “Elements”), must be entirely original, created and performed by the entrant or be in the public domain. Use of any Elements or other materials that are not original or in the public domain may result in disqualification of the affected Contest Entry Material and the disqualification of the entrant from participation in the Contest, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
7. SPONSOR’S RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY: At any time during the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any Contest Entry Material for any reason including, but not limited to, if the Sponsor believes that such Contest Entry Material, or any component thereof, contains any inappropriate content, infringes the rights of any third party, violates any applicable laws or regulations, is harmful to Sponsor’s or BUZZMEDIA’s business, goodwill or reputation, or otherwise does not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules. The decisions of the Sponsor on this and all matters relating to the Contest are final and binding.
8. CONDITIONS OF CONTEST ENTRY: (a) As a condition of entry into the Contest, each entrant (or entrant’s parent/legal guardian, if entrant is a minor in his/her state of legal residence):
(i) WARRANTS AND REPRESENTS THAT THE ENTRANT OWNS ALL RIGHTS TO THE CONTEST ENTRY MATERIALS HE/SHE IS SUBMITTING;
(ii) WARRANTS AND REPRESENTS THAT THE ENTRANT IS THE INDIVIDUAL IN THE CONTEST ENTRY MATERIALS, OR, ALTERNATIVELY, THAT THE ENTRANT HAS OBTAINED PERMISSION FROM EACH PERSON WHO APPEARS IN THE CONTEST ENTRY MATERIALS TO GRANT THE RIGHTS TO THE SPONSOR DESCRIBED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AND CAN MAKE WRITTEN COPIES OF SUCH PERMISSIONS AVAILABLE TO THE PROMOTION ENTITIES UPON REQUEST;
(iii) WARRANTS AND REPRESENTS THAT: (A) HIS/HER CONTEST ENTRY MATERIALS ARE ORIGINAL AND HAVE BEEN LEGALLY OBTAINED AND CREATED AND (B) DO NOT INFRINGE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, PRIVACY OR PUBLICITY RIGHTS OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR MORAL RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, DEFAME ANY THIRD PARTY OR VIOLATE APPLICABLE LAWS, REGULATIONS OR NETWORK STANDARDS;
(iv) without limiting the rights granted to the Promotion Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, each entrant irrevocably grants to the Promotion Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable, perpetual and transferable right and license to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, exhibit, use and/or otherwise edit or modify (as necessary) the entrant’s name, state of residence, Contest registration information, image, voice, likeness, statements, biographical material, any video or digital recording and performances contained in any of the above items, as well as any additional photographic images, video images, portraits, interviews or other materials relating to the entrant and arising out of his/her participation in this Contest (with or without using the entrant’s name) (collectively, the “Additional Materials”), without additional review, compensation, or approval from the entrant or any other party, except as prohibited by law (all Semi-Finalists or Finalists of the Contest may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release as well as a publicity release);
(v) without limiting the rights granted to the Promotion Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, each entrant irrevocably grants to the Promotion Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable, perpetual and transferable right and license to reproduce, store, modify (for any purpose, including, but not limited to, internal standards/practices review and editorial control), copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit, create derivative works of, and/or otherwise exploit the comments(s) and video(s) and any Additional Materials (collectively, the “Contest Entry Materials”) for (A) any purpose on or through the Site and/or sites owned or operated by Sponsor or Promotion Entities, (B) any advertising, promotional or commercial purposes in any and all media, throughout the world, whether now known or hereafter created, in each instance, without additional review, compensation, or approval from the entrant or any other party, except as prohibited by law;
(vi) grants to all end users of the Sponsor-owned or operated sites and affiliated sites: (A) the non-exclusive license to access the Contest Entry Materials through the Site, (B) the ability to review, comment on and tag the Contest Entry Materials, (C) the ability to post the Contest Entry Materials on their respective websites, (D) the ability to send and distribute the Contest Entry Materials via e-mail, instant messenger or other electronic means, (E) the ability to access the Contest Entry Materials via the Site’s API or via RSS or any similar XML or related feeds (known or known in the future), and (F) the non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare compilations and display the Contest Entry Materials as permitted through the functionality of the Site pursuant to the respective terms of service applicable thereto (for all purposes of these rules where reference is made to Site, it shall also include the URL of the Site and any other interactive content associated with such URL, including but not limited to feed based content, mobile applications, toolbars, RSS, syndicated content, subdomains, and other websites linked thereto whereby any of the content or the brand from the above-noted URL resides, (ii) any other URL which links to the Site, (iii) any and all applications that link or tie to such Site, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, iPhone and MySpace);
(vii) forever waives any rights of privacy, intellectual property rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude the Promotion Entities’ use of the Contest Entry Materials, or require the entrant’s permission for the Promotion Entities to use them for promotional purposes, and agrees to never sue or assert any claim against the Promotion Entities’ use and exploitation of the same as permitted herein;
(viii) acknowledges and agrees that (A) the Promotion Entities shall have access to and/or may create or have created literary, film, tape and/or other materials, ideas and concepts which may be similar or identical to the Contest Entry Materials in theme, idea, plot, format, characters and/or other respects, (B) the entrant shall not be entitled to any compensation or other consideration because of the use by the Promotion Entities of any such similar or identical material, ideas and/or concepts, and (C) the Promotion Entities’ use of material containing elements similar to or identical with those contained in the Contest Entry Materials or any component thereof shall not obligate the Promotion Entities to negotiate with nor entitle entrant to any compensation, accounting or other claim; and (ix) agrees to indemnify and hold the Promotion Entities and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the “Promotion Indemnitees”), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Promotion Indemnitees arising out of or in connection with (A) any Contest Entry Materials (including, without limitation, any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless or based on the submission of such material), (B) any breach by the entrant of any warranty, agreement or representation contained in these Official Rules or terms of service or in any documentation submitted or agreed to by the entrant, (C) the entrant’s conduct during and in connection with this Contest, including, without limitation, trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation, or (D) the acceptance, use or misuse of any award or prize.
(b) In addition to the rights granted to the Promotion Entities as set forth above, each entrant (or their parent/legal guardian, if entrant is a minor in his/her state of legal residence) irrevocably grants to the Promotion Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable, perpetual and transferable right and license to reproduce, store, modify (for any purpose, including, but not limited to, internal standards/practices review and editorial control), copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit, create derivative works of, and/or otherwise exploit the Contest Entry Materials in any manner, throughout the world, in perpetuity, in any media, whether now known or hereafter created, in each instance, without additional review, compensation, or approval from the Finalist or any other party, except as prohibited by law.
9. JUDGING: The First Round shall be judged by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, based on the following criteria: overall appeal, worthiness and genuine nature of the story presented. The Second Round shall be judged solely the amount of ‘Likes’ the entry has on Facebook (Sponsor will be solely responsible for calculating the ‘Likes’ and the final calculation will be at the sole discretion of Sponsor) (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”). Sponsor is not responsible for determining the final selection on Facebook and disclaims all responsibility for the final selection. The First Round entrant that is selected by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, based upon the Judging Criteria, shall be considered a potential Contest semi-finalist (a “Semi-Finalist”), subject to verification by the Sponsor that the entrant and the Contest Entry Materials are in compliance with these Official Rules. The Second Round entrant that is selected by the users on Facebook, as calculated by the Sponsor, shall be considered a potential Contest finalist (a “Finalist”), subject to verification by the Sponsor that the entrant and the Contest Entry Materials are in compliance with these Official Rules. An additional number of alternate Semi-Finalist(s) or Finalist(s) may also be selected from among the remaining eligible entrant Entry Materials as judged by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, based on the Judging Criteria (“Alternates”), subject to verification by the Sponsor that the entrant and the Contest Entry Materials are in compliance with these Official Rules. On or about September 30, 2011 the potential Semi-Finalists and potential Semi-Finalist Alternates shall be contacted via email by Sponsor pursuant to the e-mail provided by entrant. If any potential Semi-Finalist/Semi-Finalist Alternate cannot be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours (a maximum of two (2) messages will be left), that potential Semi-Finalist/Semi-Finalist Alternate may be disqualified and additional Semi-Finalists shall be contacted. On or about October 6, 2011 the potential Finalist and potential Alternates shall be contacted by email by Sponsor. If any potential Finalist/Alternate cannot be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours (a maximum of two (2) messages will be left), that potential Finalist/Alternate may be disqualified and a different Finalist chosen. Potential Finalists or Alternates which are disqualified for any reason shall not be entitled to any form of compensation, and any and all rights to further participation or any prize or award in the Contest shall be forfeited.
The Finalist will be required to submit photos and or videos to Sponsor showing how the Finalist is using the Prize or Sponsor will arrange to use a videographer or photographer, all at the reasonable discretion of the Sponsor. Finalist will be required to submit to all reasonable requests of the Sponsor concerning the Prize and confer with Sponsor concerning availability and timing. All video or photo rights of the Finalist concerning the Prize that is submitted to the Sponsor will be deemed to be Contest Entry Materials.
10. ADDITIONAL FINALIST RULES: Only listed prizes shall be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents or redemptions shall be made, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize package with another prize of equal or greater value in the event that the advertised prize (or any component thereof) is not available. Reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of any prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner of that prize. The Promotion Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of the prizes awarded. The Promotion Entities make no representations or warranties concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded, and hereby expressly disclaim same. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. The Promotion Entities shall not be liable for nor replace any lost or stolen prize items. Each winner, or potential winner, where permitted by law, may be required by Sponsor to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a release, each in form and substance acceptable to Sponsor, and/or a completed IRS W-9 form within two (2) days following Sponsor’s notification. (A winner under 21 years of age may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion be required to have a parent or legal guardian execute any of the documents in the preceding sentence.) Noncompliance within such two (2) day period, or inability or unavailability of any potential winner to accept a prize for any reason, may result in disqualification of such potential winner and selection of an alternate from among all remaining eligible entries.
11. GENERAL RULES: The Contest is governed by and subject to the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. If applicable, all of the prize winners shall receive an IRS 1099 for the value of their prizes. By participating in the Contest and/or accepting any prize, entrants grant permission to the Promotion Entities and their advertising and promotion agencies to use their name, likenesses, photos, videos and any other material submitted in connection with the Contest for purposes of advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, without further compensation or accounting to entrant, unless prohibited by law. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or the announcement of the prizes, or for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegal entries. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, Site or any of the Sponsor’s website(s), (b) violating these Official Rules, (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Sponsor property or service, or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Further, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry which, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, is deemed to be offensive, libelous, slanderous, inflammatory, or otherwise inappropriate in any way for this Contest. If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. NONCOMPLIANCE WITH ANY OF THE OFFICIAL RULES MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY AN ENTRANT THAT WILL BRING SUCH ENTRANT OR THE PROMOTION ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH ENTRANT’S DISQUALIFICATION AS AN ENTRANT AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A ENTRANT WILL IMMEDIATELY BE TERMINATED. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any computer, online, telephone transmission or technical malfunctions that may occur during participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity, or for theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Contest Entry Materials. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, entrants or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing (including, without limitation, any such problems which may result in the inability to access the Site or to submit Contest Entry Materials). The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person, or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promotion Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part (including, without limitation, any Contest date or deadline) and select winners from among those eligible entrants from that portion of the Contest that has not been compromised, if any.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE PROMOTION ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST.
You further agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Promotion Entities and their parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Contest, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Promotion Entities’ control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
13. DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Contest), and each entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions rights and obligations of entrant in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof and any matters or proceedings as set forth in these Official Rules, shall take place in the State of California, County of Los Angeles. The parties waive rights to trial by jury in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Contest.
15. WINNERS LIST/RULES REQUESTS: For a copy of these Official Rules or the winners names, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Jennifer Haughton, BUZZMEDIA, 6464 W. Sunset Blvd, Suite 650, Hollywood, CA 90068. Requests received after January 1, 2012 shall not be honored. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
16. SPONSOR: BUZZMEDIA, 6464 W. Sunset Blvd, Suite 650, Hollywood, CA 90068.
© 2011 BUZZMEDIA. All rights reserved.