SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN PREMIERE SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. This sweepstakes is sponsored by BUZZMEDIA (“Sponsor”).
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: THE SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN PREMIERE SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) is a random drawing sweepstakes in which participants enter by submitting a completed entry form (“Entry Form Materials”) available at Celebuzz’s designated sweepstakes hub page at www.celebuzz.com/cp/snowwhiteandthehuntsman (the “Site”). The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM PDT on 4/17/12 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PDT on 4/30/12 (“Entry Period”). Prospective winner will be notified via e-mail within one (1) day of the sweepstakes closing and in order to accept the prize, must have a valid passport and be available to travel to London, England between 5/12/12 – 5/15/12.
2. SWEEPSTAKES ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry and who at time of entry (and at prize awarding if selected as the winner) are in possession of a valid passport. Entrants who are under the age of majority (“Minor”) in their jurisdiction of residence must have their parent/legal guardian’s permission in order to submit an entry in this Sweepstakes. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) and household members (whether related or not) of the Sponsor (as defined below), Universal City Studios LLLP (“Universal”) and their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion partners and agencies, any other prize supplier, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes (all of the foregoing, together with the Sponsor and Universal, collectively referred to herein as the “Promotion Entities”). If a dispute as to the identity of an entrant cannot be resolved to the Sponsor’s satisfaction, then such entrant shall be deemed ineligible for the Sweepstakes. Entrants must have a valid passport and be able to travel to London, England during dates specified above.
3. HOW TO ENTER:
4. PRIZE: There will be one (1) grand prize winner. The grand prize consists of (i) round trip coach air transportation from a major commercial airport near winner’s residence within the United States to and from London, England for grand prize winner and one (1) travel companion, (ii) two (2) consecutive nights lodging in London (single standard room accommodations/double occupancy/room and tax only), (iii) ground transportation to and from London-area airport to the hotel, (vi) ground transportation to and from hotel to premiere of film “Snow White and the Huntsman” (“Premiere”), (v) two (2) general admission tickets to the Premiere event currently scheduled for on/about May 14th, 2012, and (vi) $500 USD Pre-Paid Gift card for meals and incidentals (not subject to currency fees),. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize: $4,500.00. The Prize is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash and is subject to all terms and conditions of use as established by issuer.
ADDITIONAL TERMS REGARDING PRIZE: The ARV of the prize will vary depending upon points of departure and destination and seasonal fluctuation of hotel rates and airfares. If the actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. If the Winner (defined below) elects to travel with no travel companion, no additional prize element will be substituted. All travel expenses will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion after the winner is determined and travel booking completed. All expenses not specifically mentioned are not included and are solely entrant’s responsibility, including, but not limited to: alcoholic beverages, faxes, meals, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs, excursions and telephone calls. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain restrictions, blackout dates, and Sponsor’s approval. Grand prize winner and his/her travel companion will be required to travel on identical itineraries including the same departure date, destination and return date. Grand prize winner and his/her travel companion will be required to provide valid passports and any required visas at time of travel. Winner must be able to travel during dates as determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may (at Sponsor’s sole discretion) be selected. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Travel arrangements will be made by Sponsor through Sponsor’s agent, and Sponsor shall determine the airline and flight itinerary, including the airport of origin and the arrival airport, in its sole discretion. Promotion Entities are not responsible for airline cancellations or delays or cancellation or rescheduling of Premiere. The prize may not be redeemed for cash, transferred, or substituted for another prize, except that a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates, gift cards or other prizes. Prize elements may not be separated. Airline ticket(s) and hotel stay issued in conjunction with the prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles or hotel points, and no code share flights may be used. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Winner must provide the hotel with a valid credit card for incidentals (including mini-bar and pay-per-view television) and/or damages to the hotel room. If the Premiere is delayed, postponed, or canceled for any reason, winner will not be reimbursed for ticket, and prize will consist solely of the remaining elements of the prize package as detailed above.
By entering this Sweepstakes and accepting the prize, the prize winner agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Sweepstakes- or prize-related activity, including, without limitation, the Premiere. The prize winner understands and agrees that the Promotion Entities and other prize providers have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the grand prize winner or his/her guest from any activity at any time if the winner’s or his/her guest’s behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of a Promotion Entity or otherwise violates the policies of the prize providers, and in such a case, the grand prize winner will still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the prize. PRIZE WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES OF HIS/HER GUEST RELATED TO ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES RELATED TO THE PRIZE WINNER”S OR GUEST’S USE OF THE PRIZE.
5. ODDS: The odds of winning the prize depend on the total amount of eligible entries received. Winner is solely responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes that apply to prizes. Prize is not transferable.
6. NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: One potential winner will be chosen by random drawing on or about May 1, 2012. The potential winner will be notified by email, phone, and/or mail within one (1) day of the close of the Sweepstakes. If the potential winner cannot be reached within the stated time, Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner at its sole discretion. This process will be repeated until a winner is confirmed, however Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to stop the process of attempting to contact potential winner(s) in the event that the Sponsor cannot reach a potential winner in a reasonable amount of time as determined by Sponsor.
Prize winner (or prize winner’s parent or legal guardian if prize winner is a Minor) will be required to complete, execute and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and (except where prohibited by law) a Publicity Release document and a completed IRS W-9 form and any other requested documentation (collectively the “Required Documents”) within the time limit stated in the notification. Failure to return the Required Documents within the stated time limit or fully comply with all terms of these Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize, and an alternate potential winner may (at Sponsor’s sole discretion) be selected. After the Required Documents are received by Sponsor, correctly completed and executed, the potential winner shall be declared the official “Sweepstakes Winner” (“Winner”). If Winner is at least eighteen (18) years of age but considered a Minor, the Winner’s travel companion must be the Winner’s parent or legal guardian who executed the Required Documents on Winner’s behalf.
Winner’s travel companion is required to be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of potential winner notification and if under the age of majority in his or her state of residence, be the child or legal ward of the Winner. Winner’s travel companion (or Winner’s parent or legal guardian if travel companion is the Minor child or ward of the Winner) will also be required to execute and return a Release of Liability form within the same time limit stated in the potential winner’s notification. A Minor will not be allowed to participate in any portion of prize travel without being accompanied by his or her parent or legal guardian.
By accepting the prize, Winner agrees that Sponsor may use Winner's name, likeness, photograph and/or biographical information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration or payment, where permitted by law. Taxes on and in connection with the prize are Winner’s sole responsibility; Sponsor or its designated agent may issue a Form 1099 to the Winner for prize with an ARV of $600 or more. Prize is not transferable. No prize, cash or other substitutions allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize or portion thereof. Winner is strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading or otherwise transferring any part of the prize.
7. SPONSOR’S RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY: At any time during the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entrant for any reason. The decisions of the Sponsor on this and all matters relating to the Sweepstakes are final and binding.
8. CONDITIONS OF SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, each entrant (or entrant’s parent/legal guardian, if entrant is a minor in his/her state of legal residence):
(i) without limiting the rights granted to the Promotion Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees if the entrant is a winner, irrevocably grants to the Promotion Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable, perpetual and transferable right and license to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, exhibit, use and/or otherwise edit or modify (as necessary) the entrant’s name, state of residence, image, voice, likeness, statements, biographical material, as well as any other materials relating to the entrant and arising out of his/her participation in this Sweepstakes (with or without using the entrant’s name) (collectively, the “Additional Materials”), without additional review, compensation, or approval from the entrant or any other party, except as prohibited by law;
(ii) without limiting the rights granted to the Promotion Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees if the entrant is a winner, irrevocably grants to the Promotion Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable, perpetual and transferable right and license to reproduce, store, modify (for any purpose, including, but not limited to, internal standards/practices review and editorial control), copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit, create derivative works of, and/or otherwise exploit the Additional Materials (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entry Materials” for (A) any purpose on or through the Sponsor’s Site and/or sites owned or operated by Sponsor or other Promotion Entities, (B) any advertising, promotional or commercial purposes in any and all media, throughout the world, whether now known or hereafter created, in each instance, without additional review, compensation, or approval from the entrant or any other party, except as prohibited by law;
(iii) agrees to indemnify and hold the Promotion Entities and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the “Promotion Indemnitees”), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Promotion Indemnitees arising out of or in connection with (A) any Sweepstakes Entry Materials, (B) any breach by the entrant of any warranty, agreement or representation contained in these Official Rules or terms of service or in any documentation submitted or agreed to by the entrant, (C) the entrant’s conduct during and in connection with this Sweepstakes, or (D) the acceptance, use or misuse of any award or prize.
9. GENERAL RULES: The Sweepstakes is governed by and subject to the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or the announcement of the prizes, or for lost, late, misdirected, postage due, damaged, incomplete or illegal entries. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, the Site or the Promotion Entities’ website(s), (b) violating these Official Rules, (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Promotion Entities’ property or service, or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. NONCOMPLIANCE WITH ANY OF THE OFFICIAL RULES MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY AN ENTRANT THAT WILL BRING SUCH ENTRANT OR THE PROMOTION ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH ENTRANT’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A ENTRANT AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS AN ENTRANT WILL IMMEDIATELY BE TERMINATED. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Promotion Indemnities assume no responsibility for any technical malfunctions that may occur during participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity. The Promotion Indemnities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing (including, without limitation, any such problems which may result in the inability to access the Site(s)). The Promotion Indemnitites are not responsible for any damage to any computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promotion Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part (including, without limitation, any Sweepstakes date or deadline) and select winners from among those eligible entrants from that portion of the Sweepstakes that has not been compromised, if any.
Promotion Indemnities shall not be liable to Winner or any other person for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Promotion Indemnities’ sole control. Promotion Indemnities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carrier(s), hotel(s), or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Promotion Indemnities shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage.
By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Promotion Indemnities shall not be liable for personal injuries, death, damages, expenses or costs or losses of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in this Sweepstakes or parts thereof or acceptance of, use of or inability to use the prize or parts thereof including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Winner agrees to release the Promotion Indemnities from any and all liability and responsibility with respect to the prize (including any property loss, damage, personal injury or death). Winner acknowledges the aforementioned individuals and entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, related to the prize or parts thereof.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE PROMOTION INDEMNITITES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES.
11. DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and each entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions rights and obligations of entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof and any matters or proceedings as set forth in these Official Rules, shall take place in the State of California, County of Los Angeles. The parties waive rights to trial by jury in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes.
13. WINNERS LIST/RULES REQUESTS: For a copy of these Official Rules or the winner’s name, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope to: SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN PREMIERE Sweepstakes, care of Account Manager, BUZZMEDIA, 6464 W. Sunset Blvd, Suite 650, Hollywood, CA 90028. Requests received after June 3rd, 2012 shall not be honored.
14. SPONSOR: BUZZMEDIA, 6464 W. Sunset Blvd, Suite 650, Hollywood, CA 90028.
© 2012 BUZZMEDIA. All rights reserved.