Possessed LA – Haunted Hollywood Flyaway Sweepstakes
Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
The following promotion is intended for participants in the United States only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Do not proceed in this promotion if you are not a legal resident of the forty-eight (48) contiguous states of the United States or not currently located in the United States. Void in Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules below.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous states of the United States and the District of Columbia, who are physically located and residing therein and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age and the age of majority in their state of primary residence at the time of entry (“Entrant”). Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, Lionsgate, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of this Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers and fulfillment companies, any other person or entity associated with this Sweepstakes (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities") are ineligible to enter or win this Sweepstakes. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year. "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. Void in Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants may participate in the Sweepstakes by completing the entry form with their name, phone, e-mail address, and date of birth on the “Possessed LA – Haunted Hollywood Flyaway Sweepstakes” advertising units which can be located at http://celebuzz.com/cp/thepossessionghosttourflyway (the “Sponsor Sites”)during the Sweepstakes Period (“Sweepstakes Ads”). Participation is free and available on the Sponsor Sites. Upon completion of the entry form on the Sweepstakes Ad, participants will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All entries must be received by January 20, 2013 at 11:59 pm PT. Limit of one (1) entry per person, per day for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. Entries in excess of the limits stated herein will result in disqualification of the Entrant. Entries generated by a macro, script or other automated means will be disqualified. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address used for entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an online Entrant or winner, the Entrant or winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the email account was opened. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. Entrants must provide all information requested to be eligible to win. All information provided by Entrants becomes the property of Sponsor. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT THE REQUESTED ENTRY INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant's understanding of and full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules.
4. GRAND PRIZE (1): One (1) Grand Prize will be available. The Grand Prize Package consists of one (1) 3-day/2-night trip to Los Angeles, CA (the “Trip”) for the “Grand Prize Winner” and one (1) guest. The Trip will consist of the following: (a) round-trip, coach-class air transportation for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) travel companion (“Guest”) to Los Angeles, CA from the gateway city nearest the Grand Prize Winner’s residence; (b) two (2) consecutive nights’ hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy, room & tax only); (c) two (2) admission tickets to a “Hollywood Ghost Tour”; (d) one (1) DVD of The Possession for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) DVD of The Possession of the Grand Prize Winner’s guest; (e) $700 in spending money, awarded in the form of a prepaid debit card to the Grand Prize Winner only. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $3,865.
Actual value of Grand Prize will depend on point of departure, any airfare fluctuations and seasonal pricing; any difference will not be awarded. GRAND PRIZE WINNER AND GUEST MUST TAKE TRIP BY NOVEMBER 1, 2013 OR THE GRAND PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED AND NO ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION WILL BE AWARDED. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel together on same itinerary for the trip. If Guest is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian, and such person must arrange and pay for his/her travel and accommodations unless determined to be the Grand Prize Winner. Airline for Grand Prize Trip to be selected by Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion. Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. Trip is subject to air travel/hotel availability, holiday and blackout dates, and other restrictions/conditions and must be booked at least thirty (30) days prior to the date of departure. Once Trip dates have been booked, no changes, extensions or substitutions are permitted, except at Sweepstakes Entities sole discretion. If Grand Prize Winner elects to travel without a Guest, no additional compensation will be awarded. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets or travel vouchers. Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all incidentals, including, but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, beverages, gratuities, phone calls, insurance, taxes, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full airfare will be charged to the Grand Prize Winner from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the trip. Grand Prize winner and Guest must have and are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary identification and/or travel documents required for travel, including, but not limited to, a valid U.S. driver’s license, government issued passport and/or visa. Sweepstakes Entities are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. If, in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to the proximity of the Grand Prize Winner’s residence to the destination, ground transportation will be substituted for round-trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Exact “Hollywood Ghost Tour” to be chosen at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Airline tickets, prepaid debit card and admission tickets are subject to the rules and regulations of the applicable issuer.
Trip Conduct: Grand Prize Winner and Guest shall conduct themselves with due regard to the public conventions and morals. The Grand Prize Winner and Guest shall not, while representing the Sweepstakes Entities during the Trip, commit an offense involving moral turpitude under local laws or ordinances. The Grand Prize Winner and Guest shall not commit any act that will tend to degrade the Sweepstakes Entities in society or bring the Sweepstakes Entities into public hatred, public disrepute, contempt, scorn, or ridicule or that will tend to shock, insult or offend the community or public morals or decency or prejudice the Sweepstakes Entities. In the event the Grand Prize Winner or Guest engages in behavior that (as determined by Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, the Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to terminate the Trip early and send the Grand Prize Winner and Guest home with no further compensation.
5. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Administrator, on or about January 25, 2013, from among all eligible entries received. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by telephone, email and/or overnight mail within approximately three (3) days of the aforementioned drawing date. The potential Grand Prize Winner must be able to receive telephone calls from an unlisted and/or blocked number. Messages may not be left. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within forty-eight (48) hours of first attempted notification. Potential Grand Prize Winner may be required to verify address and return within three (3) days an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where imposing such condition is legal) a publicity release (collectively, the "Prize Claim Documents"). Failure of any potential winner respond or to return the Prize Claim Documents within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate potential winner from the remaining eligible entries for that prize. A prize will not be awarded until all such properly executed forms are returned. Guest will be required to verify address and to execute a Travel Companion Release, as directed by the Sponsor, prior to the travel departure date. Failure to return the executed Travel Companion Release within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize. The Grand Prize Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 from the Sponsor for the total ARV of the Prize (stated above) in the calendar year in which the prize was fulfilled. If prize is awarded but goes unclaimed or is forfeited by recipient, the prize may not be re-awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Additionally, the Grand Prize Winner may be required to submit to a background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of criminal or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by the Sponsor to help ensure that any potential Grand Prize Winner will not, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor. If requested, the potential Grand Prize Winner agrees to sign waiver forms authorizing the release of personal and background information. Limit one (1) prize per household.
7. SPONSOR’S RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY: At any time during the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any Entrant for any reason. The decisions of the Sponsor on this and all matters relating to the Sweepstakes are final and binding.
8. CONDITIONS OF SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, each Entrant: (i) without limiting the rights granted to the Sweepstakes Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents, and licensees, if the Entrant is the Grand Prize Winner, irrevocably grants to the Sweepstakes Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees the worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable, perpetual and transferable right and license to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, exhibit, use and/or otherwise edit or modify (as necessary) the Entrant’s name, state of residence, image, voice, likeness, statements, biographical material, as well as any other materials submitted by and/or relating to the Entrant and arising out of his/her participation in this Sweepstakes (with or without using the Entrant’s name) (collectively, the “Additional Materials”), without additional review, compensation, or approval from the entrant or any other party, except as prohibited by law; (ii) without limiting the rights granted to the Sweepstakes Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents, and licensees if the Entrant is the Grand Prize Winner, irrevocably grants to the Sweepstakes Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents, and licensees, the worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable, perpetual, and transferable right and license to reproduce, store, modify (for any purpose, including, but not limited to, internal standards/practices review and editorial control), copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit, create derivative works of, and/or otherwise exploit the Additional Materials (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entry Materials”) for any purpose on or through the Sponsor Site and/or sites owned or operated by Sponsor or other Sweepstakes Entities, and any advertising, promotional, or commercial purposes in any and all media, throughout the world, whether now known or hereafter created, in each instance, without additional review, compensation, or approval from the entrant or any other party, except as prohibited by law (the Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release as well as a publicity release); (iii) forever waives any rights of privacy, intellectual property rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude the Sweepstakes Entities’ use of the Sweepstakes Entry Materials, or require the Entrant’s permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use them for promotional purposes and agrees to never sue or assert any claim against the Sweepstakes Entities’ use and exploitation of the same as permitted herein; and (iv) agrees to indemnify and hold the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, members, agents, representatives, co-branders, or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Indemnitees”), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Sweepstakes Indemnitees arising out of or in connection with (A) any Sweepstakes Entry Materials, (B) any breach by the Entrant of any warranty, agreement or representation contained in these Official Rules or terms of service or in any documentation submitted or agreed to by the Entrant, (C) the Entrant’s and/or Guest’s conduct during and in connection with this Sweepstakes and/or the Trip, (D) the acceptance, use or misuse of the Grand Prize, or (E) Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes.
9. GENERAL RULES: The Sweepstakes is governed by and subject to the laws of the United States. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or the announcement of the prizes, or for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegal entries. By entering or participating in this Sweepstakes Entrants waive the right to claim any ambiguity or error in the Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes itself. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor Site or the Sweepstakes Entities’ website(s), (b) violating these Official Rules, (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules or guidelines of any Sweepstakes Entities’ property or service, or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. NONCOMPLIANCE WITH ANY OF THE OFFICIAL RULES MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY AN ENTRANT THAT WILL BRING SUCH ENTRANT OR THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH ENTRANT’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A ENTRANT AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS AN ENTRANT WILL IMMEDIATELY BE TERMINATED. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SPONSOR SITE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
(i) In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the Grand Prize or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes.
(ii) If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period for any reason, Sponsor will (if possible) select the Grand Prize Winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Sponsor may substitute the type and quantity of prize(s) described in these Official Rules at its sole discretion.
(iii) In the event of a dispute concerning who submitted an entry, the entry will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address which submitted the potentially winning entry, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria. Illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, false, fraudulent, and/or deceptive entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder for the e-mail address associated with the potentially winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
(iv) These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with the law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein
10. RELEASE / LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities and any and all Internet server(s) and access provider(s), web site hosts and facilitators and cellular provider(s), and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) are not responsibility for any technical malfunctions that may occur in connection with the Sponsor Sites or during participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity; any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing (including, without limitation, any such problems which may result in the inability to access the Sponsor Sites; any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes; inability to access the Sponsor Sites or any web pages thereof; inability to connect to or upload to the Sponsor Sites; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines, mobile networks, or the Internet or any web site (including the Sponsor Sites) or for any other reason whatsoever; incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due submissions or prize notifications; typographical, printing, or other errors; or any combination thereof. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part (including, without limitation, any Sweepstakes date or deadline) and may select a Grand Prize Winner from among those eligible Entrants from that portion of the Sweepstakes that has not been compromised, if any. Proof of submitting information to the Sponsor Sites is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (including loss of use, data, business, or profits), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES.
11. DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the Grand Prize awarded, or the determination of the Grand Prize Winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-pocket expenses and each Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions rights and obligations of Entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings as set forth in these Official Rules shall take place in the State of California, County of Los Angeles. The parties waive rights to trial by jury in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes.
13. SPONSOR: BUZZMEDIA, 6464 W. Sunset Blvd, Suite 650, Hollywood, CA 90028.
14. ADMINISTRATOR: Creative Zing Promotion Group, 189 S. Orange Ave, Suite 1130a, Orlando, FL 32810.
15. WINNERS LIST/RULES REQUESTS: For a copy of these Official Rules or the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: “Possessed LA – Haunted Hollywood Flyaway Sweepstakes” c/o Creative Zing Promotion Group, 189 S. Orange Ave, Suite 1130a, Orlando, FL 32810 by March 31, 2013.
Motion Picture Artwork © 2013 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc.