NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. The following Sweepstakes is intended for participants in the United States only (excluding Hawaii, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico) and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the United States. Do not proceed in this Sweepstakes if you are not a legal resident of the United States (excluding residents of Hawaii, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico) or not currently located in the United States (excluding residents of Hawaii, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico). Further eligibility restrictions are contained in these Official Rules as set forth below.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: The “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2” Global Getaway Sweepstakes: Destination Alaska (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:01 AM EST on October 15, 2012, and ends at 09:00:00 AM EST on November 18, 2012 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes is sponsored by BUZZMEDIA (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes administrator is Creative Zing Promotion Group (“Administrator”). During the Sweepstakes Period, “Entrants” (as defined blow)may enter for a chance to win by submitting their first and last names, e-mail address, and date of birth on the Sweepstakes entry page on www.celebuzz.com (the “Sponsor Site”). Sponsor’s server is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
2. SWEEPSTAKES ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Hawaii and Puerto Rico) who are (i) at least 18 years of age and the age of majority in their state of primary residence at time of entry; and (ii) have internet access and a valid email address (“Entrant”). Employees and their immediate families of the Sponsor, Administrator, Summit Entertainment, LLC. (“Summit”), and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, sponsors, advertising and promotion partners, and agencies, any other prize sponsor, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes (all of the foregoing, together with the Sponsor and Summit Entertainment, collectively referred to as the “Sweepstakes Entities”). "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. Void in Hawaii, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. Each Entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address used for entry.
4. PRIZE: One (1) “Grand Prize” will be awarded. The Grand Prize Package consists of one (1) 4-day/3-night trip to Anchorage/Denali, Alaska (the “Trip”) for the “Grand Prize Winner” and one (1) guest. The Trip will consist of the following: (a) round-trip, coach-class air transportation for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) travel companion (“Guest”) to Anchorage, Alaska from the gateway city nearest the Grand Prize Winner’s residence; (b) three (3) consecutive nights’ hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy, room & tax only); (c) $700 allowance awarded in the form of a prepaid debit card towards a Denali trip excursion, as selected by the Grand Prize Winner from available options; and (d) $500 in spending money, awarded in the form of a prepaid debit card to the Grand Prize Winner only. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $4,999.
TRAVEL IS ANTICIPATED TO TAKE PLACE BETWEEN APRIL – OCTOBER 2013. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner cannot assign or transfer the Grand Prize to another person. No prize substitution or cash alternative is allowed except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or any portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. If the selected Denali trip excursion does not or cannot take place as scheduled, for reasons, including, but not limited to, scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, an event of force majeure, or for any other reason, then the remaining components of the Grand Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to the Grand Prize Winner, and no additional compensation will be awarded. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. Other restrictions may apply. Actual value of Grand Prize will depend on point of departure, any airfare fluctuations, and seasonal pricing; any difference will not be awarded. Travel is subject to availability, change, certain restrictions, and blackout dates. Travel must originate from and end at the same airport. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must travel together on same itinerary for the Trip and are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents. Travel must be made through Administrator’s or Sponsor’s agent, and the airline for Grand Prize Trip will be selected by Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion. Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. Once Trip dates have been booked, no changes, extensions, or substitutions are permitted, except at Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion. If Grand Prize Winner elects to travel without a Guest, no additional compensation will be awarded. Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all incidentals, including, but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, beverages, gratuities, phone calls, insurance, taxes, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full airfare will be charged to the Grand Prize Winner from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return, of the Trip. Sweepstakes Entities are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. If, in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to the proximity of the Grand Prize Winner’s residence to the destination, ground transportation will be substituted for round-trip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, debit cards, certificates, or other prizes. Prepaid debit cards and airline tickets are subject to additional terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Grand Prize Winner and/or Guest must provide the hotel with a valid credit card for incidentals (including mini-bar and pay-per-view television) and/or damages to the hotel room.
Trip Conduct: Grand Prize Winner and Guest shall conduct themselves with due regard to the public conventions and morals. The Grand Prize Winner and Guest shall not, while representing the Sweepstakes Entities during the Trip, commit an offense involving moral turpitude under local laws or ordinances. The Grand Prize Winner and Guest shall not commit any act that will tend to degrade the Sweepstakes Entities in society or bring the Sweepstakes Entities into public hatred, public disrepute, contempt, scorn, or ridicule or that will tend to shock, insult or offend the community or public morals or decency or prejudice the Sweepstakes Entities. In the event the Grand Prize Winner or Guest engages in behavior that (as determined by Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, the Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to terminate the Trip early and send the Grand Prize Winner and Guest home with no further compensation.
5. ODDS: The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstake Period.
6. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: A random drawing will be conducted on or about November 26, 2012 by the Sponsor from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email, within approximately five (5) days of the drawing date. Potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to respond (as directed by the Administrator) to the notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize, and the Sponsor will randomly select an alternate Grand Prize Winner from among the remaining eligible entries received. Potential Grand Prize Winner may be required to verify address and return within five (5) days (or a shorter time if required by exigencies) (a) an affidavit of eligibility: (b) a liability release (c) and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”) covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity, and media appearance issues. The potential Grand Prize Winner’s Guest must be (i) the age of majority or older in his/her legal jurisdiction of residency at time of notification or (ii) the minor child or ward of the potential Grand Prize Winner. Potential Grand Prize Winner’s Guest must also execute and return a notarized Release of Liability and Publicity form (“Travel Companion Release”) within the same deadline set forth above. If the potential Grand Prize Winner’s Guest is a minor, the Release Documents must be executed by the potential Grand Prize Winner as his or her parent or legal guardian. Additionally, Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest may be subject to a thorough background investigation, at Sponsor’s discretion (“Background Investigation”). Failure to return the Prize Claim Documents or submit to the Background Investigation within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize and selection of an alternate Grand Prize Winner from the remaining eligible entries for the Grand Prize. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of the Grand Prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the Grand Prize may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. The Grand Prize will not be awarded until all such properly executed Prize Claim Documents are returned. All income taxes (including, without limitation, federal, state, and local income taxes) on or connected with the Grand Prize, and the reporting consequences thereof, are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. If required by law, Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and remit to the appropriate taxing authorities the amount of any taxes due. If and as required, the Grand Prize Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 or other appropriate and applicable tax documentation for the tax year in which the Grand Prize is awarded.
7. SPONSOR’S RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY: At any time during the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any Entrant for any reason. The decisions of the Sponsor on this and all matters relating to the Sweepstakes are final and binding.
8. CONDITIONS OF SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, each Entrant:
(i) without limiting the rights granted to the Sweepstakes Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents, and licensees, if the Entrant is the Grand Prize Winner, irrevocably grants to the Sweepstakes Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees the worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable, perpetual and transferable right and license to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, exhibit, use and/or otherwise edit or modify (as necessary) the Entrant’s name, state of residence, image, voice, likeness, statements, biographical material, as well as any other materials submitted by and/or relating to the Entrant and arising out of his/her participation in this Sweepstakes (with or without using the Entrant’s name) (collectively, the “Additional Materials”), without additional review, compensation, or approval from the entrant or any other party, except as prohibited by law;
(ii) without limiting the rights granted to the Sweepstakes Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents, and licensees if the Entrant is the Grand Prize Winner, irrevocably grants to the Sweepstakes Entities and their affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents, and licensees, the worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable, perpetual, and transferable right and license to reproduce, store, modify (for any purpose, including, but not limited to, internal standards/practices review and editorial control), copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit, create derivative works of, and/or otherwise exploit the Additional Materials (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entry Materials”) for (A) any purpose on or through the Sponsor Site and/or sites owned or operated by Sponsor or other Sweepstakes Entities, and (B) any advertising, promotional, or commercial purposes in any and all media, throughout the world, whether now known or hereafter created, in each instance, without additional review, compensation, or approval from the entrant or any other party, except as prohibited by law (the Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release as well as a publicity release);
(iii) forever waives any rights of privacy, intellectual property rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude the Sweepstakes Entities’ use of the Sweepstakes Entry Materials, or require the Entrant’s permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use them for promotional purposes and agrees to never sue or assert any claim against the Sweepstakes Entities’ use and exploitation of the same as permitted herein;
and (iv) agrees to indemnify and hold the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, members, agents, representatives, co-branders, or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Indemnitees”), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Sweepstakes Indemnitees arising out of or in connection with (A) any Sweepstakes Entry Materials, (B) any breach by the Entrant of any warranty, agreement or representation contained in these Official Rules or terms of service or in any documentation submitted or agreed to by the Entrant, (C) the Entrant’s and/or Guest’s conduct during and in connection with this Sweepstakes and/or the Trip, or (D) the acceptance, use or misuse of the Grand Prize.
9. GENERAL RULES: The Sweepstakes is governed by and subject to the laws of the United States. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or the announcement of the prizes, or for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegal entries. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor Site or the Sweepstakes Entities’ website(s), (b) violating these Official Rules, (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules or guidelines of any Sweepstakes Entities’ property or service, or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof. NONCOMPLIANCE WITH ANY OF THE OFFICIAL RULES MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY AN ENTRANT THAT WILL BRING SUCH ENTRANT OR THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH ENTRANT’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A ENTRANT AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS AN ENTRANT WILL IMMEDIATELY BE TERMINATED. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SPONSOR SITE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
(i) In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the Grand Prize or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes.
(ii) If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period for any reason, Sponsor will (if possible) select the Grand Prize Winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prize(s) described in these Official Rules will be awarded.
(iii) In the event of a dispute concerning who submitted an entry, the entry will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address which submitted the potentially winning entry, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria. Illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, false, fraudulent, and/or deceptive entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder for the e-mail address associated with the potentially winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
(iv) These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with the law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein
10. RELEASE / LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities and any and all Internet server(s) and access provider(s), web site hosts and facilitators and cellular provider(s), and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) are not responsibility for any technical malfunctions that may occur in connection with the Sponsor Site or during participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity; any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing (including, without limitation, any such problems which may result in the inability to access the Sponsor Site; any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes; inability to access the Sponsor Site or any web pages thereof; inability to connect to or upload to the Sponsor Site; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer, or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines, mobile networks, or the Internet or any web site (including the Sponsor Site) or for any other reason whatsoever; incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due submissions or prize notifications; typographical, printing, or other errors; or any combination thereof. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part (including, without limitation, any Sweepstakes date or deadline) and select the Grand Prize Winner from among those eligible Entrants from that portion of the Sweepstakes that has not been compromised, if any. Proof of submitting information to the Sponsor Site is not considered proof of delivery or receipt.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES.
11. DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the Grand Prize awarded, or the determination of the Grand Prize Winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and each Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions rights and obligations of Entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings as set forth in these Official Rules shall take place in the State of California, County of Los Angeles. The parties waive rights to trial by jury in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes.
13. WINNERS LIST/RULES REQUESTS: For a copy of these Official Rules or the winners’ names, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope to: “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2” Global Getaway Sweepstakes: Destination Alaska , care of Account Manager, BUZZMEDIA, 6464 W. Sunset Blvd, Hollywood, CA 90028. Requests received after February 18, 2013, shall not be honored.
14. SPONSOR: BUZZMEDIA, 6464 W. Sunset Blvd, Suite 650, Hollywood, CA 90028.
15. ADMINISTRATOR: Creative Zing Promotion Group, 189 S. Orange Ave, Suite 1130a, Orlando, FL 32810.