Here are some pics from my New Year’s Eve at my boyfriend’s White Wonderland party in Anaheim. I hope you all had a great one!
I love Christmas time so much and definitely put a lot of time into preparing for and celebrating the holidays. The new year is the perfect time to get back on track and start refocusing on your goals. Here are some of my favorite ways:
1. Make a list of your goals for the next 6 months. I’m not into New Years resolutions— I think it’s much more effective to make a list of goals you want to accomplish over the next 6 months and focus on those. I also find making a visualization board helps as well as making a list of specific things you can do to to reach your goals.
2. Incorporate something healthy into your diet. Expecting to stick to a full diet makeover for a whole year can be a little intimidating. I find vowing to change one habit and sticking to it can make a bigger impact. For example, I started drinking a green smoothie every morning several months ago, and it’s been the best diet decision I’ve ever made!
3. Pick a workout you love. I’d rather decide to do more yoga or Pilates than be like “I’m gonna do P90X!” deep down knowing I’m going to hate it and have a hard time sticking to it. You don’t have to have the same workout style everyone else does!
4. Reward yourself. Winter after the holidays can be kind of a downer, so don’t forget to make a bucket list of fun things you want to do or try and reward yourself by doing one every time you reach a goal or finish a boring chore like turning in all your tax junk ahead of time.
After becoming pregnant, I had to makeover my pantry just a little to make the proper adjustments to support the baby. I’ve found some staples that will stick around after the baby is here, too. Take a look through the gallery for my favorites! Other moms or moms-to-be, what were your favorite healthy pregnancy staples?
Here is a recipe for a raspberry smoothie, perfect for getting back on track after the holidays!
-1 1/2 C water
-2 handfuls spinach
-1/2 C pure orange juice
-1 C fresh or frozen raspberries
Makes 2 smoothies:
1. Blend one and a half cups water and 2 handfuls of spinach in a blender till spinach looks liquified.
2. Add 1 banana, one half cup pure orange juice and 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries.
3. Blend til smooth. Enjoy!
Happy 2013!!! Here’s wishing you and your loved ones an amazing next year! I can’t wait to see what’s in store! What are you most looking forward to?