Stars React to Oscar Gold Nods!
It's all over but the crying—or jumping, screaming, publicist-hugging and obsessive dress shopping.
In the aftermath of this morning's Academy Award nominations, Celebuzz has hunted and gathered reactions from the biggest stars in the biggest films of the past year.
- Brad Pitt: For his Best Actor nod for Benjamin Button, he considers it a "great honor for the movie," and gives a shout out to director David Fincher.
- Angelina Jolie: As Best Actress in Clint Eastwood's Changeling she says, "To receive a nomination from the Academy on top of [working with Eastwood] is a privilege beyond any expectation."
- Anne Hathaway: The Rachel Getting Married thesp and Best Actress nominee was "with my parents and my dog when I got the news and we were all overjoyed, although I'm not sure my dog knew what was going on."
- Kate Winslet: The double Golden Globe winner scored a Best Actress nod for The Reader and imparted her excitement as well as thoughts for two instrumental, deceased producers."Surely Anthony Minghella and Sydney Pollack are smiling down on us today," she said.
- Josh Brolin: Barbra Streisand's stepson got a phone call from his wife Diane Lane with news of the Best Supporting Actor nomination for Milk, and also serenaded him for his birthday today. "She sung me a happy nomination birthday song."
- Marisa Tomei: Instead of using her time to wax philosophical on her Best Supporting Actress-worthy performance in The Wrestler, she simply wanted to extend "Congratulations to Mickey [Rourke], for an extraordinary performance."
- Taraji P. Henson: Also grabbing a Best Supporting bid for playing Pitt's mother in Button, the actress is all too familiar with what her future credits hold. "Think about it, for the rest of my career, I will be known as 'Academy Award-nominated Taraji P. Henson.' That changes everything!"