Teen Choice Awards '08: And the Winners Are...
The Teen Choice Awards '08 blew into Universal Studio Hollywood's Gibson Amphitheater last night, doling out surfboards to the nation's most cherished performers—as determined by the votes of America's teenagers!
This testament to democracy, hosted by a surprisingly chipper Miley Cyrus, will air tonight at 8 p.m. on Fox. In the meantime the winners have been announced. A brief rundown on the evening's highlights:
- In a surprise victory, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian snagged Choice Movie: Action-Adventure honors, beating out Iron Man and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.
- Host Miley Cyrus took away Choice TV Actress: Comedy, while Hannah Montana scored Choice TV Show: Comedy.
- Gossip Girl, nominated in 14 categories, went home a big winner; the dishy program took away Choice TV Breakout Show and Choice TV Show: Drama honors, while Chace Crawford and Blake Lively won Choice TV Breakout Star in the male and female categories, respectively.
- Breakout Group? Come on down, Jonas Brothers!
- David Beckham kicked it as Choice Male Athlete.
- Will Ferrell, you are apparently not as funny—and definitely not as sexy—as Choice Movie Actor: Comedy honoree Ashton Kutcher.
A full list of this year's winners is available courtesy of the delightful and pleasant-smelling crew at Associated Press.
But the real points of interest are in the monster gallery of 50-plus blue-carpet photos on the right.