Cory Monteith’s Cause Of Death: Heroin And Alcohol
Cory Monteith died of a toxic mixture involving heroin and alcohol, the British Columbia Coroner’s Office has confirmed.
Monteith was found dead in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, shortly after noon on July 13. He had checked into the hotel on July 6 and had been expected to check out last Saturday. When he didn’t check out, hotel staff went to his room where they found him deceased.
According to the coroner, because the investigation into the 31-year-old’s death is ongoing no other details are available at this time.
“It should be noted that at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident,” as stated in the press release.
Monteith candidly revealed his life-long struggles with drug and alcohol addictions in a 2011 Parade interview, even admitting he “could die.”
“Anything and everything, as much as possible,” he told to the mag of his drug use. “I had a serious problem.”
But the rising star was grateful for his second chance: “I’m lucky on so many counts — I’m lucky to be alive,” he told the mag.
Monteith’s co-stars have paid tribute to their beloved co-star and friend since news of his sudden passing.
Darren Criss wore a black ribbon on the collar of his gray suit, which symbolizes remembrance or mourning, while Matthew Morrison held a tribute concert for his late co-star in New York this past Sunday.