Since the show premiered on June 8, 2010, fans have fallen in love with Lucy Hale (Aria), Shay Mitchell (Emily), Troian Bellisario (Spencer), and Ashley Benson (Hanna). They’ve also wondered who on Earth “A” could be, and if she/he killed Alison DiLaurentis (Sasha Pieterse).
When the second half of season two kicked off in January, Aria, Emily, Hanna, and Spencer were pretending to no longer be friends in order to make “A” believe that they have fallen into his/her trap. However, after barely escaping the meet up with Emily, “A” was chased by the girls and “A” inevitably lost his/her cell phone after Hana accidently hit the mystery character with her car. This was exactly the amunition they needed in getting closer to finding out who “A” is.
In typical PLL fashion, there were new characters introduced including Holden (Shane Coffey), an old friend of the girls with a mysterious secret. However, some familiar faces have disappeared off the show. Lucas (Brendan Robinson) hasn’t been back since his creepy face-off with Hanna in her room, while Noel Kahn (Brant Daugherty) has hardly been seen this season.
When new characters arrive, it’s automatically assumed they have something to do with “A”, but is this true?
Celebuzz thought it would be a good idea to catch everyone up on the season so far. What 10 things should you know before watching the finale? Here are the most important events of the second half of season two:
1) The girls learn that the pictures of the creepy dolls were photographed in the attic of Spencer’s family lake house.
2) Ezra (Ian Harding) and Aria tell her family about their romantic relationship, and the result is terrible.
3) Byron (Chad Lowe) gets Ezra a job offer that could send him away to New Orleans and away from Aria forever.
4) Spencer and Melissa (Torrey DeVitto) learn that Jason (Drew Van Acker) is their half brother, and Melissa doesn’t take the news so well. It might have something to do with a kiss the two shared years prior.
5) Mona (Janel Parrish) helps Emily blackmail the principal to let her back on the Rosewood High School swim team.
6) Caleb (Tyler Blackburn) is accused of computer hacking and officer Garret (Yani Gellman) and creepy Det. Wilden (Bryce Johnson) take his computer away in order to see what he’s hiding. Of course, “A” was the reasoning behind his computer being confiscated, so it’s no wonder Hanna doesn’t want Caleb involved in their “A” investigation.
7) The girls learn of Alison’s alter ego Vivien, who seemed to have caused some trouble of her own and had a love interest named Duncan (Lachlan Buchanan).
8) A drunk Spencer hooks up with Wren (Julian Morris) while avoiding going home after news of Jason being her brother breaks.
9) Aria and Holden pretend to date so Aria can still see Mr. Fitz while Holden has his own plans.
10) Jason’s house caught fire with Jenna (Tammin Sursok) inside and Hanna rescues her before an explosion. When Jenna learned that Hanna saved her, she actually seemed grateful.
The mystery still lies: Who is “A”? In the books (spoiler alert), “A” turns out to be Mona who is later accidently killed by Spencer. However, the show isn’t exactly following in the footsteps of the books. We’ll have to wait until the finale to find out who the real “A” will be.
Before the big reveal, ABC Family will be airing a PLL marathon today, March 19, starting at 11 a.m. and leading into what is sure to be a jaw-dropping season finale at 8 p.m. EST. Who do you think will turn out to be “A”? Leave us your theories in the comments below.