As Rayna told Juliette last week, “I only hate hangovers and sunburns. This is just business.”
So what do you predict will happen when they take their show on the road? Here are five things we think could happen:
1. An ugly legal battle for Juliette. Sexy football star Sean Butler (Tilky Jones) is not going to be happy that Juliette ditched him at the altar. Rather than discuss things with him, we know Juliette will just demand a divorce. There’s no way Sean will go without a fight. Will he sue her for emotional trauma? Claim she only used him for publicity?
2. The return of Deacon. Deacon (Charles Esten) was none too pleased when the journalist slipped about Rayna and Juliette’s upcoming tour. Not only does he have romantic history with both of them, but he’s been Rayna’s guitarist for decades. Deacon will definitely be doubting his spot with the Revel Kings and missing his girls.
3. More strain on Rayna’s marriage. Teddy (Eric Close) and Rayna don’t trust each other as it is. Now, Rayna has new guitarist, Liam (Michiel Huisman), and possibly the return of Deacon. Plus, Rayna will want to see her girls as much as possible. With Teddy’s shaky political campaign, will he look to Rayna for support only to find nothing?
4. A new opening act? We’ve been waiting all season for Scarlett (Clare Bowen), Gunnar (Sam Palladio), and Avery’s (Jonathan Jackson) stories to intersect with the rest of the cast. Now that Avery’s been signed and Scarlett is performing with Avery’s old band, maybe one of those acts could join the tour as an opener.
5. New bonds. Dare I say that Juliette and Rayna could find some common ground while they’re out on the road together? They aren’t completely different. They both have family issues and problematic romantic entanglements. I predict we will see at least one big bonding moment. However, don’t expect it to last. The writers know how much more fun Rayna and Juliette are as rivals!
Nashville airs Wednesdays at 10 PM on ABC.
Time to make your predictions!
Watch the latest video from Wednesday’s episode and tell us what you predict when Nashville goes on the road.
No changes are to be made to this player