While we’re all pretty sad about leaving the warmer weather behind, you gotta admit: Fall is the absolute best time to make BIG fashion statements!
So in light of the new season, today’s edition of Tuesday Ten is entirely dedicated to fall’s top trends we’ve seen amongst celebrities, runways and the top brands in the fashion world.
1. Plaid. Le duh. It feels like plaid is going to be around for a while, but nothing reminds me more of fall than all plaid everything. Check out this asymmetrical plaid skirt on River Island.
2. Boots & Booties. Time to put away those sandals and slip into something a bit more sturdy for the cooler days. Boots, booties, combat boots, heeled boots and everything in between will be essential to your wardrobe this fall. I’m obsessed with these rad Dr. Martens from American Eagle!
3. Layer on the Accessories. From scarves to hats to knee-high socks, pack on the layers with fun accessories. And since leopard is totally the new neutral, this scarf from Express is a perfect addition!
4. Eccentric Coats. Faux fur coats, extra long coats, extra cropped coats, trench coats, patterned coats, textured coats and every other coat you can think of will be of the essence this season. Go ahead and try something different! I’ve personally been eying this ultra glam leopard jacket from NewLook.
5. Go-To Black Pencil(ish) Skirt. Black pencil skirts will be a big hit this year. Add a hint of sexy by finding one in leather or going for the asymmetrical style, like this oneby Heather for Revolve Clothing.
6. Fall Sunnies. Time to say bye to our mirrored shades and white frames and hello to some more fall-themed sunnies like this tortoise patterned pair from Neff!
7. Pointed-Toe Pumps. Round-toe pumps are out! It’s all about the point this season! And you can really step up your shoe game with a fall-colored pair like these red ones from Sole Society. The studs are EVERYTHING!
8. Gunmetal. Summer is typically a great time to rock golds, but for the fall season, deeper metals like gunmetal are all the rage. I actually have this Big Buddha clutch, and I can’t tell you how many compliments I get! Plus, it goes with everything.
9. Deep Toned Lips. Pack away your corals and pinks… This fall is all about deep, dark lips! Try this deep red that’s a part of MAC’s Mineralize Rich lipstick line!
10. Army Green Errrthang. Army green is back this fall and better than ever. From pants to jackets to purses (oh my!), I mean it when I say it will be everything this season. You can check out these jogger style pants on BooHoo (I’m about to buy them myself, no lie).
What are some of the go-to styles you’ll be rocking this fall? Let me know in the comments below!