Spring has sprung, everyone! Time to start cleaning out those closets, packing up your old winter gear and getting into the spirit of pastels, florals and brighter hues as we head for warmer temperatures.
This year, spring is bringing lots of flashbacks from years past. Gingham prints and denim-on-denim styles are making a comeback along with fringe, pastels and peep-toed mules.
Here are our top 10 trends you’ll definitely want in your closet this season:
1. Gingham: Missguided. As we saw on the runway during fashion week, gingham is coming back in a big way this year. This gingham bomber jacket would be the perfect printed touch to any jeans-and-tee outfit.
2. Rompers & Skorts: Missguided. Rompers have been big for spring and summer over the last several years, but skorts only recently made a major comeback. Get the best of both worlds with this floral printed skort-romper.
3. Floral Printed Pumps: Kristin Cavallari by Chinese Laundry. Kristin Cavallari designed these adorable pumps, and they’re a great way to add a touch of spring to any look monochromatic look.
4. Denim-on-Denim: Koral. As we saw last year, denim-on-denim is making a big comeback yet again. This Koral jumpsuit is a chic and easy ensemble for any on-the-go day.
5. Mules: JustFab. Who would have thought mules would be back in action? These peep-toed black heels are a great way to spruce up your boyfriend jeans this season!
6. Pop-of-Color Bags: Botkier New York. A pastel or bright-hued purse, crossbody or clutch is a necessary accessory to add a pop-of-spring to your look!
7. Wide-Brim Hats: Lack of Color. Whether you’re going wine tasting or heading to the mall, a wide-brimmed hat is a necessary accessory to keep in your closet to add the perfect, chic touch to any look.
8. Fringe: Volcom. As Jessica Simpson proved last week, fringe is very much back in action! From purses to shoes (like these flats from Volcom), you’ll definitely want something with fringe for some added chicness.
9. Bright Printed Joggers: Joe B. Can we all shout a big HOORAY for the fact that joggers are back again this year? Not only are these pants comfortable, they’re super trendy and always manage to create an easy-as-pie fashionable ensemble — just add a white tee, and you’re goo to go!
10. Pastel Coats and Jackets: Metaphor. One of my favorite trends this year are pastel jackets and coats. From baby pink to light blue (like this one by Metaphor at Sears), they’re a necessity while we wait for warmer temperatures.