We’ve picked 19-year-old Pieterse as our Tuesday Teen! So, we’re giving you 10 facts about this gorgeous girl. Here are 10 things you didn’t know about Pieterse:
1. She was born in South Africa. On Feb. 17, 1996, Pieterse was born in Johannesburg, South Africa. At the age of three, Pieterse and her family moved to Las Vegas and later moved to Los Angeles.
2. Her parents were in the entertainment industry. Pieterse’s parents were actually a professional acrobatic dance team and performed all over the world. So, Pieterse was born to be in the entertainment world.
3. She started her career at the age of four. When Pieterse was only four, she began doing commercials and print work.
4. She graduated at the age of 14. Pieterse was actually homeschooled, and it sounds like she was a really good student because she was only 14 years old when she graduated.
5. She has a special Blake Lively connection. One of Pieterse’s managers is actually Lively’s mom, Elaine Lively!
6. She can sing! Not only is this blonde beauty a talented actress, she also has amazing vocal skills. Check out this clip of Pieterse singing!
7. She’s not a single lady. Pieterse has been dating Hudson Sheaffer for many years. Sheaffer is actually seven years older than Pieterse!
8. She channels Regina George to play mean girl Alison. In an interview with Parade Magazine, Pieterse admits that she doesn’t have much school experience, but she does love the movie Mean Girls so she channels Regina George to play a mean girl in Pretty Little Liars.
9. She wants to marry Brad Pitt and date Ben Affleck. During a game of “Date, Marry, Kill” with HLN, Pieterse said she would marry Pitt, date Affleck and kill George Clooney!
10. She has a hormone imbalance. When people started to criticize her weight on Pretty Little Liars, Pieterse took to Instagram to inform everyone that she was facing a “bad hormone imbalance.” Check out her empowering post below:
To my incredible and loving fans, Words cannot express how amazed I am by you! I'm so thankful for the affection you have for me, Alison, and Pretty Little Liars! We/I wouldn't be able to make it happen without you! I get to do what I love every single day because of you guys! As a lot of you have noticed my body has gone through some changes, and I want to clear the air and give you an explanation. I have been facing a bad hormone imbalance that has thrown my body completely out of whack. I want to assure you that I'm healthy and getting everything back on track! A big thanks to all of you who have been in my corner! We live in such a judge mental society that puts every kind of flaw, including weight gain, in the same category. And for those of you who are struggling with any health problem, hormone imbalance, and weight gain of any sort I urge and encourage you to please deal with it in a healthy manor. YOU and YOUR health are what matters, not anyone else's opinions and assumptions of you. Getting healthy isn't just about working out and eating right (however extremely important) it's also about surrounding yourself with those who care about you and want to see you succeed and become the best you can be. I love every single one of you and I hold you all dear to my heart! Xoxoxox Sasha
We hope you enjoyed getting to know Pieterse! Be sure to check out Pretty Little Liars every Tuesday on ABC Family!
Did you miss the season six premiere episode? Get caught up with this video: