And if you don’t recognize these people, you probably are at least one of them.
It’s the night of the Emmys and you have two options. You could either watch the entire awards show in your underwear accompanied only by a bowl of ice cream, or you could attempt to be social and reluctantly watch it with a room full of “friends”.
Of course, these people are not actually your friends—they are merely a gaggle of kindred losers who also have a tub of Ben & Jerry’s thawing on the counter in preparation for their arrival home when claustrophobia sets in.
Are you in mediocre award-watching company? Let’s find out with this list of the 16 People That You Have Probably Been Forced to Watch an Awards Show With at Some Point in Your Life.
1. The One Who Arrives Overdressed in a Room Full of Winos in Their Pajamas
2. The Full/Loudmouths
3. The One Who Bails After the Red Carpet Is Over
4. The One Everyone Wishes Would Have Left After the Red Carpet
5. The One Who Gets Too Excited When Their Favorite Nominee Takes the Win
6. The One Who Hasn’t Watched Any Series in the Drama Category
7. The Live Tweeter
8. The One Friends Fan Pulling for Matt LeBlanc’s Comeback
9. The One Sh-t Talker Whose Show Didn’t Win After All
10. The One Waiting for Bryan Cranston’s Fine Ass to Walk Out on Stage
11. The Debbie Downer Who Breaks the News to Person No. 10 that Breaking Bad Was Not Eligible for Nominations this Year
12. The Quiet One Who Is Generally Unappreciative of Any Loud Reactions
13. The Token Partner Who Was Dragged to this Hell Hole
14. Your Dad, Who Claims He’s Been Just “Checking it Out” For the Past Two Hours*
*Not including the red carpet
15. The One Who Can’t Believe that Matt LeBlanc Actually Won
16. The One Who Took the Drinking Game Too Seriously