Though lipstick comes in all sorts of colors these days, red lips are universally flattering on just about everyone. A bold rouge lip pulls together any outfit and adds an instant touch of glam to your beauty routine.
For those of you who don’t know where to start, we’ve done a little digging and found 10 shades all the hottest celebrities are wearing. Whether you’re into matte finishes or a satin sheen on your pout, these lip colors are sure to become your newest makeup bag staple.
Here are 10 red lipsticks Hollywood stars are currently coveting!
1. Urban Decay UD Gwen Stefani Lipstick in Rock Steady, $18. Gwen Stefani is known for her signature red lips, so it’s no surprise that the No Doubt frontwoman has released her own lipstick line. This “blood red” shade leans more on the blue side, giving the wearer that much sought-after vampy look. Don’t forget the matching lip liner!
2. Smashbox Always on Matte Liquid Lipstick in Bawse, $24. YouTube sensation Lilly Singh has teamed up with Smashbox to create her own shade of rouge after being constantly asked by fans about what type of lipstick she wears. “I am bad at makeup, but I really like wearing a red lip,” she admitted to us at the launch of her liquid lipstick. “Smashbox has a very fresh, hip vibe. So I wanted to make sure if I collaborated with someone, I could be myself. I’m weird. I’m silly. I do weird things and they let me be myself!” This deep red looks great on those with an olive or tan complexion — like Singh herself!
3. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Walk of Shame, $32. Though Kylie Jenner probably prefers to rock her own scarlet stain— dubbed Mary Jo K after her own maternal grandmother — from her lip kit collection, this reddish-brown lippie has her stamp of approval for those times when her makeup line is sold out (which is often).
4. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl, $26. Highly-pigmented and non-drying, Taylor Swiftreaches for this exact lipstick when she needs to put on that “red-lipped, classic thing that you like.”
5. MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo, $17. Rihanna loves this fan-favorite shade so much that the brand created a similar color — something more pinkish in hue — called RiRi Woo. Though Bag Gal’s edition is now totally sold out, you can still nab the iconic and uber-flattering lipstick it was based off of for under $20.
6. Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo in Histoire, $37. If it’s good enough of a badass chick like Daisy Ridley, it’s good enough for us! The Star Wars: The Force Awakens actress wore this peachy-red to the 2016 Academy Awards.
7. Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid lipstick in Riviera, $28. Though coral lipstick is great for spring, not everyone is ready to take the plunge with neon orange on their lips. For those who want to dabble in the makeup trend, try swiping this red-tangerine color — as seen on Jessica Alba — instead.
8. Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Heathers, $20. Need a red so dark that it’s almost like oxblood? This one’s for you! Kim Kardashian wears this same stain to achieve the perfect “deep, rich red lip.” The reality star’s longtime makeup artist, Mario Dedivanovic, recommends brushing translucent powder on the outer edges of your pout before applying any color to prevent feathering.
9. Tom Ford Lip Color Matte in Flame, $52. “I like matte finishes for fire-engine red lipstick,” Khloé Kardashian writes on her app. “I normally like to do a lip pencil and then fill it in with the same color because it stays on all day, and you don’t have to reapply!” Her go-to shade is this one from Tom Ford.
Still looking for a red that’s right for you? Shop our picks “under $10” picks below!