Our collective Instagram experience just got a lot more intimate with the announcement that, starting today (Aug. 31, 2016), a new feature will allow users to zoom in on photos and videos posted to the platform.
“Today we’re bringing ZOOM to Instagram on iOS! Pinch to zoom on photos & videos in feed, on profiles and on Explore,” The ‘Gram announced in a tweet.
Though my initial reaction was to ponder whether this is something anyone needed or even wanted, I soon came around to its usefulness; think of all the celebrity photos we can parse for small, potentially exciting new details! For example:
1. We can take a closer look at Calvin Harris‘ Calvin Klein-clad package:
2. We can get an up-close-and-personal look at Kim Kardashian‘s most famous asset:
3. We can help expose Taylor Swift for the snake that she is:
4. We can help Zayn Malik #FreeTheNipple:
5. We can peer deeply into the fear-ridden eyes of Lady Gaga‘s dog, Asia:
6. We can be made to feel empathy for Jay Z, who lives now only to document Beyoncé‘s impeccable radiance:
7. We can enjoy Rihanna‘s cartoon butt in all of its stick-figure glory:
8. And, of course, we can try to read Orlando Bloom‘s dong shadow like a sundial:
Praise our wondrous technology overlords.